PDA

View Full Version : icat

bman863
04-12-2006, 12:28 PM
i was sent a free icat a couple of days ago. it's supposed to be a spark enhancer and listed at $200 retail. i was just wondering if any of you have them installed or not and if it delivered a noticable gain in power. and also, when i tried to install it, it fit very loosely on my spark plug. thanks for any help.

GPracer2500
04-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by bman863
i was sent a free icat a couple of days ago. it's supposed to be a spark enhancer and listed at $200 retail. i was just wondering if any of you have them installed or not and if it delivered a noticable gain in power. and also, when i tried to install it, it fit very loosely on my spark plug. thanks for any help.

Opinions are all over the map on the Icat. Some say it made a difference some say it didn't. My guess is that folks who say they noticed a difference weren't jetted quite right to start with and the Icat compensated. Just a guess though.

I doubt it will hurt anything--other than adding a potential failure point. If they were $20 bucks I might try one but with its sky-high price I'll pass. Now if I got one for free...

bman863
04-12-2006, 05:34 PM
i see. maybe i'll just keep it and use it with the e3 spark plug i'm gonna get next time i'm at the auto store.

hrc
04-12-2006, 07:30 PM
How did you get one for free?

bman863
04-12-2006, 08:10 PM
i don't know if i just spent a certain amount of money on motosport.com or if they just messed up the order but it came in my package but wasn't on the inventory.