PDA

View Full Version : Brake problem

braponmy400ex
04-12-2006, 11:35 AM
my brakes arent workin right i put brake fulid in and i bleed the lines but yeasterday i was at a friends house ridin at his track and i needed to pump my brakes a couple times and after that they worked for a little but then my brake droped yo the floor like there was nothing there. so its like there not a back brake my pads are fine and i have a lot of fulid left its full. so if u have any info about wat happned Plz get back to me.

GPracer2500
04-12-2006, 12:29 PM
If your not loosing fluid then I'd say your lines need to be purged of air. I'm not sure how or why you would have had pressure and then later no pressure.

04-12-2006, 12:49 PM
you might not have gotten all the air out when you bled the brakes...try again...

JOEX
04-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Could it be the master cylinder?

Mine did something similar, just quit working and no leakage. The res. is still full.

The rebulid kit just showed up today. Hoping to redo it this weekend.

hondamanex400
04-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
Could it be the master cylinder?

Mine did something similar, just quit working and no leakage. The res. is still full.

The rebulid kit just showed up today. Hoping to redo it this weekend.

i just rebuilt mine and rode on it only once, and i dont think it worked. cuz my piston wont recede back it looks like. but im going to work on it tomorrow and see whats up with it.

good luck

miller821
04-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Mine did that one time.... Bled the brakes like 3 times, and it still ain't as good as it used to be.... I have to push down pretty far to get it to engage, but it still works..