PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Decibals??

jal232
04-12-2006, 07:02 AM
I was reading that the Sparks system is pretty loud, and could be an issue with sound requirements at some places...Is this true? Will I have to worry with the sound and passing the tests? Love the system, but dont wnat to invest in something that wont work everywhere...Josh

bwamos
04-12-2006, 08:32 AM
The sparks pipes are in the 100-110 range, at 50% rpm's, depending on the quad/core. The Sparks is one of the loudest pipes out there (especially the big core w/ turndown)

Anywhere there is a dB limit the Sparks won't pass.

If you have the spark arrested version (with the diffuser disks), you can probably get a supertrap quiet core and stick in it, and reduce the number of disks (should get it in the legal range for the 96-98dB areas. You'll never hit the 93dB mark though, for that you just want to put the stock exhaust back on. ;)). The diffuser endcap is derived from a supertrap system.

jal232
04-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Well Shoot!..my buddy has a White Brothers Carbon Pro system on a raptor and its louder than hell. Well i really like that sparks, but dont really want that sound leve. Anyone have any suggestions as to which way to go now...Dont want an HMF..sorry buddy ordered it and i wnat somethin dfferent...Help??
Josh

bwamos
04-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Since you have a 450 you're options are a little easier. ;) If you want a quieter pipe look into some of the "Q" series race oriented pipes.

I haven't ran any of them, but I'm sure there are many people on here that have that could help you with recomending one.

Chino886
04-12-2006, 12:42 PM
The Duncan pipe is nice, I don't know how many DBs but it sounds good.

Like BWAMOS said, if noise is an issue, go with a Quiet core pipe, I have 3 friends that have the YFZs and 2 have the Duncan, and 1 of them has a CT (not as loud as Duncan).

The CT has the disc system.

I have also heard that Yosh pipes are not as loud as most, but make good Power.

Good Luck finding a pipe!

jal232
04-12-2006, 01:08 PM
Yeah thanks for teh "Good Luck". Ive owned a raptor also and had the White bro's R series pipe, and FMF powercore 4 with power bomb header.. Loved both systems. Now that I got this 450 Id like to go with somethin a bit different, still keep a good sounds, and still yet achieve good looks, and power. Well ive seen billions of poepel ask waht pipes and this and that so i wont waste your time with that poll. ha..So I have no idea what to do now..ill find soemthing i guess
josh

bwamos
04-12-2006, 01:32 PM
Looks like the Yoshimura TRS Comp silencer has a quiet core insert that can drop the DB's into the mid to low 90's.

Might be just what you're looking for.

jal232
04-13-2006, 06:58 AM
Yeh Ive narrowed it down to maybe either the Yosh system, or the Alba carbon fiber system. I dunno... Any other ideas? Thanks for you guys help...

Chino886
04-13-2006, 07:00 AM
I would go with the Yosh if I were you....but that is just my $.02! From what you have told us, that is the only other pipe that I would consider. Or if you wanted to be brave, you could try one a pipe from one of the Street bike crossover companies.

jal232
04-13-2006, 07:29 AM
I know..I had an 02 Yamaha R6 for awhile...So i know those companies also..Yoshimura is a streetbike co. actually..There pipes work real well with Suzuki Gixxers, anyways, im goin to get the Alba or Yosh..Have to decide soon..pick my bike up sat. brand new.

K_Fulk
04-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Ask pappy about a rossier.

400exstud
04-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Rossiers are no quieter than my HMF.

USAF Dirtboy
04-13-2006, 05:45 PM
The Alba is the LOUDEST pipe I have ever heard...and I have heard alot. Thats why Alba makes end caps to reduce the dB's.IMO anyways:)

jal232
04-14-2006, 10:24 AM
well damn!! This is a hassle this time just to choose an exhaust wiht all these noise restrictions...Hmmm..................?????