PDA

View Full Version : yamaha and honda pros and cons

YAMAHAD232
04-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey there ok i have decided on the trx and the yfz as the bike im going to get, do you guys thinck that they will make anymore changes for the 07 year ? cause if they do ill wait till then if they dont then ill get it as soon as possible but what are some pros and cons on the trx and yfz ive heard that ones faster than the other and that the other is faster so i just wanna know what one is more tourqueier more powerfull better suspension easier to mod and all that great stuff. this is such a hard decision cause if im going to spend 7gs on this bike i wanna make sure i have the best one for the money for me i like to get air im 230- 250 somewere round there and around 5'11 so i need motor and suspension, i also ride motocross and trails a lot so any help is highly apreciated. thanx guys

electricstart
04-13-2006, 06:22 PM
I like YFZ, see if you can try both out and see which one fits you better. Both are excellant choices.

kendog57
04-25-2006, 06:10 PM
from what i have seen and riden most taller rider like the ride of the trx over the yfz. i'm a smaller guys 5 11 and i like the yfz. for me before i brought my yfz i rode an 250r and now after riding my yfz i feel it very close as far as chassis feeling and setup to me. like honda build the yfz and yamaha build the trx. i know the trx has 1 more horsepower then the yfz for 06. but the suspension on the yfz is better for 06 then trx. i've seen honda value show more wear and have to be replaced more then yfz. but if you are a smaller rider i think you would enjoy the yfz better ,but pick your color

later kenny

04-25-2006, 06:20 PM
YFZ and 450R have exact same suspension... I am in the same delima bud.. YFZ or 450R i am changing from a 400ex that I loved but I just never had the quad I wanted... now Im afraid I cant handle a YFZ or 450R!! But I have test drove both and have found out.... yfz is strictly a top end bike and has no low end or off the line power what so ever... A 450R is a low end power bike with little top end power... if u have wheelie fun 450r's are good they pop up as fast as u say wheelie... If u ride trails and just a little MX and a lil drag racing 450R is ur quad!! If u ride little trails some drag racing and alot of MX YFZ is ur quad... to sum it up u will have fun but a 450r is a great quad and YFZ is above average