PDA

View Full Version : pros and cons yfz and trx

YAMAHAD232
04-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Hey there ok i have decided on the trx and the yfz as the bike im going to get, do you guys thinck that they will make anymore changes for the 07 year ? cause if they do ill wait till then if they dont then ill get it as soon as possible but what are some pros and cons on the trx and yfz ive heard that ones faster than the other and that the other is faster so i just wanna know what one is more tourqueier more powerfull better suspension easier to mod and all that great stuff. this is such a hard decision cause if im going to spend 7gs on this bike i wanna make sure i have the best one for the money for me i like to get air im 230- 250 somewere round there and around 5'11 so i need motor and suspension, i also ride motocross and trails a lot so any help is highly apreciated. thanx guys

JIMTED79
04-11-2006, 10:33 PM
To be honest if I were you I would go and ride both quads some how some way. Like you said 7 grand ain't cheap and the way you ride and what you like is totally different from everyone else. But seriously RIDE RED!!!

bwilson624
04-11-2006, 11:43 PM
I just bought an '06 trx 450r and I am amazed at the stock power. One of my buddies has an '04 or an '05 yfz not really sure. But his is still stock except exhaust, jets, and air filter. He outruns me in a drag, but only by about 2 bike lengths. I outrun him through the woods though. I guess it just comes down to the rider. In my research before I bought mine, it appears that the yfz would be more expensive to mod. But as far as difficulty, I'm really not sure. Even though he gets me in the drag, I still wouldn't trade my trx for a yfz. Just my opinion though.

450rJam
04-12-2006, 04:44 PM
the yfz and trx are so close all your going to get is opinions,
there is no wrong choice between these two and the fact that there are more honda riders means you will most likely get more
trx pics.

like I said there is no wrong choice between the two

BUT THE TRX450R IS THE BETTER CHOICE
there is only one thing about the 450r............
if you get it with hrc kit you wont get the grin
off your face for a long time.

roundsy
04-12-2006, 05:14 PM
i have been debating this for the past 2 months...i had the choice between the suzuki ltr 450, the honda 450er, the yamaha yfz 450 and the raptor 700r...i chose the 450er...my buddies each had one of those quads already with the exception of the suzuk. the suzuk was the first one i crossed off of my list because i mostly trail ride, climb hills, and small tracks and i didnt want a quad that wide and i also need the clearance. I next ruled out the raptor because my buddy had one which he loves, but i just didnt like the feel of it. I was then left to debate between the yfz and the trx, i chose the trx because i had previous parts from a 400ex that would fit it so that made sense financially, and i liked the feel of it more than the yfz. I felt it had the better engine, more torquier, and i really liked the idea of the HRC upgrade. IMO, i like the 450er or 450r, whatever one your preference may be

whatever quad you choose you wont be disapointed b/c they are both great, so you cant go wrong with either one!

kawasaki_ridah
04-12-2006, 06:18 PM
go honda more reliable. you won't regret it i promise. yamahas are just made so tools don't rust ;) haha jk yammy fans