PDA

View Full Version : Pros And Cons Yfz And Trx

YAMAHAD232
04-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey there ok i have decided on the trx and the yfz as the bike im going to get, do you guys thinck that they will make anymore changes for the 07 year ? cause if they do ill wait till then if they dont then ill get it as soon as possible but what are some pros and cons on the trx and yfz ive heard that ones faster than the other and that the other is faster so i just wanna know what one is more tourqueier more powerfull better suspension easier to mod and all that great stuff. this is such a hard decision cause if im going to spend 7gs on this bike i wanna make sure i have the best one for the money for me i like to get air im 230- 250 somewere round there and around 5'11 so i need motor and suspension, i also ride motocross and trails a lot so any help is highly apreciated. thanx guys

predator dad
04-12-2006, 02:42 AM
You can't go wrong with either one. They are both very close in performance. I have an 06 YFZ and love it. I got a chance to ride both at a track and it was a hard decision. Don't rule out the new Suzuki 450. It's supposed to have good enough suspension and a-arms so you won't have to upgrade. It's alittle more pricey though. Just go to the dealers sit on them, ride them and make your decision by what you like best.

StoneBuddy
04-13-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm 235 lbs too, 6' tall, and I would not trade the YFZ for anything, not even a TRX. Easy to mod, even though it's a racer from the showroom floor. With exhaust, air box, k$n, jet kit, and cam mod, it'll smoke anything around.

And the suspension is great for us "big guys." I ride with a 450trx on the track and he bottoms out every other jump, and he only weighs 175. I never have bottomed the YFZ out.

400exstud
04-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Both are good.

You shouldn't have to spend $7,000 for one of those:huh That's nutz! I could get a now 450R for $5,200.

bozz
04-13-2006, 03:41 PM
I have a 05 yfz that is ridden alot and also two of my buddies got them and not one of them broke down ever.awsome quads im six foot 225 lbs and it feels great they handle awsome! my buddie has a 06 450r and that is also a great quad' but it dont have as much power. but seems two have better brakes and shifts alittle smoother. hope this helps some!

400exrider99
04-13-2006, 05:06 PM
im 230lbs and 6-2 and i felt like the yfz450 was to small for me.

OG Raskal
04-17-2006, 07:14 AM
I have ridden both recently. They seem to be around the same in the power department. The Honda trx450 wheelies alot easier but the yfz450 feels more comfortable to ride. I will also be buying one of these 2 in a few months from now. Maybe the new 2007 TRX450's will have reverse on them like the 400's! Tufff choice! Maybe go with the TRX450 cuz it did feel a little bigger, just not as comfortable!Peace! ~OG Raskal