PDA

View Full Version : Any 250EX's racing XC?

wyldelee
04-11-2006, 08:41 PM
My son is now all set to race XC in our local series with a TRX90. Now my daughter (13 years old) wants to race XC also. Our local series will allow her to race up to a 300cc quad, anyone know if a 250EX is up to the task? We already have the quad, so it would be great if it could handle the job. If you think it is a possibility what would you suggest for mods, wheels, tires etc?

Thanks for the help,
Lee

kfxwizzard400
04-11-2006, 08:43 PM
it might be a little under powered since its only a 250 running up agains the 300ex's and blasters but its probly a great quad in the trails so give it a shot. that reverse also has the 300ex beat and the blaster doesnt have reverse at all so thats a plus just give it a shot and see how the 250 does

Traindog71
04-12-2006, 05:02 AM
My stepson races an '06 250EX in our local series, it has tons of mods on it. I will give you a run down on what we have done to it and I will answer questions about anything that you wish.

JE 11.5:1 piston .020" overbore
WebCam
HMF Full System
Big Gun CDI
ITP T-9 Bajas
Maxxis Razr2s
DG Nerfs
DG Front Bumper
Moose handlebars/bark busters/handguards
EHS Racing Air Box Lid
DynoJet Kit
Elka Front shocks
RADMFG 1" Front Billet Spacers

This 250EX will run with and stock 300EX up to 5th gear, which you won't see in XC anyway.

Most important mods are tires/wheels which widen the stance of the 250EX approx 3" front and back, I use 3+2 front wheels and 3+6 rear, along with the spacers on the front to even it out, and the shocks, you cannot go fast if it doesn't handle well, I dont care how much engine you have.

Most impor

wyldelee
04-12-2006, 05:56 AM
That is a huge help thank you! A couple of questions:
What size are the wheels and tires you are using? Also do you recommend the Razr2's or the IRazr's for Florida sand conditions?
Are you using any kind of skid plates ? We have nerfs, bumper, and kill switch- so i was thinking about getting wheels and tires, exhaust with jetting, and the airbox lid, at least initially, and worrying about motor mods later.
Any ideas about suspension that won't break the bank?
Thank you,
Lee

Originally posted by Traindog71
My stepson races an '06 250EX in our local series, it has tons of mods on it. I will give you a run down on what we have done to it and I will answer questions about anything that you wish.

JE 11.5:1 piston .020" overbore
WebCam
HMF Full System
Big Gun CDI
ITP T-9 Bajas
Maxxis Razr2s
DG Nerfs
DG Front Bumper
Moose handlebars/bark busters/handguards
EHS Racing Air Box Lid
DynoJet Kit
Elka Front shocks
RADMFG 1" Front Billet Spacers

This 250EX will run with and stock 300EX up to 5th gear, which you won't see in XC anyway.

Most important mods are tires/wheels which widen the stance of the 250EX approx 3" front and back, I use 3+2 front wheels and 3+6 rear, along with the spacers on the front to even it out, and the shocks, you cannot go fast if it doesn't handle well, I dont care how much engine you have.

Most impor

kfxwizzard400
04-12-2006, 08:45 AM
i would say razr2's get 22's up front and 20's in the rear depending on the track if there are aot of ruts u might want 22's in the rear also for the extra ground clearance... and for suspension just get a cheap set of works for 325 on www.moto-man.com. or look on ebay for a set

camsdad
04-16-2006, 08:48 PM
razr2's definitely 20s are fine no need for 22's