PDA

View Full Version : how much to offer for an R?

unregisterd
04-11-2006, 08:34 PM
hey all, i am new to the site and ride a 400ex. but there is this guy down the road who has a yellow 250r just sitting in his yard with no front plastic and some other stuff. it has been sitting there for a while and i want to ask him if he would like to sell it to me for a couple hundred. even if it needs a rebuild or alot of parts, like 500 for a 250r isent to bad? as far as i can hee it has everything exept plastic and some other minor things.
thanks.

Tom TRX250R
04-11-2006, 11:52 PM
If your 100% positive that it is a Honda 250R and not a Suzuki, it is well worth $500. Even if you have to rebuild the top end or put a few hundred dollars into it, it would be a good buy. Ask him how much bottom dollar he would take and go from there. If it has ALOT of things wrong with it like frame bent, crank out etc .etc (There are a lot of roached out R's out there!) and he is only willing to sell it for $1500-$2000 then I would move on because you can find a better deal then that. Get the full details on the quad and post what you find out.

unregisterd
04-12-2006, 06:19 AM
yeah its deff. a 250r, im going to go down there today. the thing has been sitting there for at least 2 years

unregisterd
04-12-2006, 09:21 AM
yeah i went and looked at it, its deff. a 250r, with i think what looks like an FMF exhaust, AC bumper and nerfs. Hinson clutch, and all around Mx tires. but it doesent have front plastic, and has some rust, if i can get it for 500 i would be very happy:p