PDA

View Full Version : parts for my 250r

millertime69
04-11-2006, 08:27 PM
i got my 250r from my friend and i was wondering what new suspension parts there are for my 250r or any new cross over parts from the new 4 wheelers and what would be a better size to run a 310 or a 330 and what comp. makes the best head or bang for the buck and thanks for any help

Tom TRX250R
04-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Money and performance are the number one issue with your suspension question. If you are just a recreational rider that doesn't jump much then I would recommend Works shocks for a good upgrade from stock for the money. If you are looking into MX or racing I would recommend a higher end shock such as Elka, PEP, or Axis. But these shocks are over twice the cost of the Works so figure what you will need and go from there. As for the 310 or 330 big bore cylinder, it really all depends on opinion. They are both an excellent upgrade from stock and you can't go wrong with either size. Check ESR and LRD, they both sell Pro-X cylinders with their in house porting and are fairly good priced. Some say that the larger companies are more of a generic porting which may be true but for the mainstream rider their porting is great. Another option would be to order the Pro-X cylinder unported and have a more specific port to your riding style performed.