PDA

View Full Version : Blown rear shock???? Help

redlined94
04-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Alright so I am ridin at the local track today and I am doin some jumps and little whoops and I notice that my rear end is hopping real bad on landings and whoops of course but I am just wonderin if I blew the rear shock because it feels like i am just runnin on the spring and not the whole thing. I have never blown a shock before so I dont know what it feels like. I havent looked real close but at a glance i dont see any fluid on the shock tube or anything but again it just feels really springy. When i push it down with my hand or foot usin the grab bar it just bounces back up and doesnt have that resistance on the rebound. I also notice that it doesnt make that hiss on rebound like my front shocks do. Any help or pointers will be appreciated fellas. Thanks!!!

ronnie
04-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by redlined94
Alright so I am ridin at the local track today and I am doin some jumps and little whoops and I notice that my rear end is hopping real bad on landings and whoops of course but I am just wonderin if I blew the rear shock because it feels like i am just runnin on the spring and not the whole thing. I have never blown a shock before so I dont know what it feels like. I havent looked real close but at a glance i dont see any fluid on the shock tube or anything but again it just feels really springy. When i push it down with my hand or foot usin the grab bar it just bounces back up and doesnt have that resistance on the rebound. I also notice that it doesnt make that hiss on rebound like my front shocks do. Any help or pointers will be appreciated fellas. Thanks!!! you lost nitriagen in the shock take it to some one and have it rebuilt.

redlined94
04-11-2006, 07:32 PM
sounds about right thanks man!!

Chango
04-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Mine did the same thing doyou have an elka link ?I broke all the shims .Try letting some nitrogen out it should be just a small blast.If some comes out send it in.Quick fix..

redlined94
04-11-2006, 07:39 PM
No I run stock linkage and everything. I think i am just gonna get the GT Thunder rebuild, I have been wantin it anyways. Where is this nitrogen purge thing at though???

ronnie
04-11-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by redlined94
No I run stock linkage and everything. I think i am just gonna get the GT Thunder rebuild, I have been wantin it anyways. Where is this nitrogen purge thing at though??? it is on the bottle of the shock it is a valve stem

yamablaster24
04-11-2006, 08:37 PM
ill rebuild it for 20 bucks and No2 is 25.00 from the dealer for a charge.

redlined94
04-11-2006, 09:45 PM
thanks for the offer but i think im just gonna get a GT Thunder set up.