PDA

View Full Version : Need some helpful advice?

juiced450r
04-11-2006, 06:38 PM
I own a 2005 450r. Just blew up and I am wanting to modify for drag racing. My last engine was stock with an hmf full exhaust, k&n filter, and a 35 hp shot of nitrous. It ran good till the cast aluminum piston finally gave out. I am planning on an hrc cam, JE 12.5:1 piston, a dynatec fs programmable box, and of course more nitrous. My first question is does anyone have any suggestions on clutches. I cant seem to keep mine from slipping on juice. I put barnett springs in it but it did not help. It made 65hp at the wheels on the dyno with the clutch slipping. I really could not tune it like that. Does anyone have one that is stroked or any info on strokers any reliability issues? Is there any hidden power secrets anyone wants to share (flywheel gearing etc.) I want to do my motor right so I do not have to rely on nitrous so much. sorry about all the questions :(

juiced450r
04-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Also what carb is the best? Thanks

JIMTED79
04-11-2006, 10:17 PM
As far as the clutch slipping, did you take the judder spring out? With the mods I have my clutch slipped bad until I ditched that judder spring. I just built my motor and love it, only modded banshees really give me problems on the hill anymore and highly modded four strokes. Falcon stroker crank is my next mod with extended swing arm. And as for the carb A lot of people like the FCR 41mm but I went with the edlebrock 40mm and cant say anything bad about it, power comes on right now, super easy to tune and half the price of and FCR.