PDA

View Full Version : White Smoke.

striker1001
04-11-2006, 06:00 PM
A couple of weeks ago(March 15th to be exact) i put in some new mods(listed in signature) and rode it the same day and haven't rode it since untill today. Ive just been turning it on and reving it about every two weeks sice then. Will today, i rode it down my street and when i was done, a little bit of white smoke was coming out of the exhaust when i turned off the engine. I rode it again and turned it off but it wasnt smoking. Could this be a sign of nething serious.

04-11-2006, 06:29 PM
that made no since at all

GPracer2500
04-11-2006, 06:35 PM
White smoke usually comes from water or coolant. Being that there is not coolant, maybe you've got some water in the bottom of your gas tank (water will sink below gas)?? Or maybe you had some water collect inside your exhaust?? Or sitting in the bottom of your airbox??

Just guessing...

striker1001
04-11-2006, 06:42 PM
My ATV is stored in the garage and so is the dryer and washer. Sometimes its real humid in there when we dont open up the garage.Thanx

04-11-2006, 06:45 PM
White smoke usually comes from water or coolant. Being that there is not coolant, maybe you've got some water in the bottom of your gas tank (water will sink below gas)?? Or maybe you had some water collect inside your exhaust?? Or sitting in the bottom of your airbox??

1) water in the bottom ur gas tank does not cause white smoke just causes spark plug problems and ur atv to cut out...

2) water in the bottom yr exhuast collects up and wont come out so you would have to take your system off and clean it out.

3) water in ur airbox is easy just drain it out or suck it out with a air hose.:D

GPracer2500
04-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by #1contender

1) water in the bottom ur gas tank does not cause white smoke just causes spark plug problems and ur atv to cut out...

2) water in the bottom yr exhuast collects up and wont come out so you would have to take your system off and clean it out.

3) water in ur airbox is easy just drain it out or suck it out with a air hose.:D

Regading point #1: I've experienced water in a gas tank before. Among other things, you get white smoke as it passes through the engine.

04-11-2006, 06:59 PM
ok, no white smoke is ONLY caused by oil.... maybe u put some oil in ur gas then because water in gas will just cause spark problems and spark problems controls the oil and gas so if u have major spark problems like that the oil wont even release as it should

04-11-2006, 07:00 PM
i think contender#1 is right..and that you are stupid

GPracer2500
04-11-2006, 07:03 PM
In a four stroke:

Bluish smoke is burning oil
Black smoke is running rich
White smoke is water/coolant

JOEX
04-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by 500exracer
i think contender#1 is right..and that you are stupid

04-11-2006, 07:05 PM
yea water in gas does cause white smoke, just drain your tank out..if it isnt the problem you will just have a fresh tank of gas...while you are at it you may want to drain you carb of the gas or water that is in it

04-11-2006, 07:06 PM
black smoke??? 400ex's are diesels??

hondamanex400
04-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
In a four stroke:

Bluish smoke is burning oil
Black smoke is running rich
White smoke is water/coolant

white smoke mainly means that oil is being burn. cuz trust me, my 400 was pouring white smoke before i had to rebuild it. it wasnt "bluish", it was white, and my rings were out.

04-11-2006, 07:54 PM
joex.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................................your gay!

Flyin-Low
04-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by hondamanex400
white smoke mainly means that oil is being burn. cuz trust me, my 400 was pouring white smoke before i had to rebuild it. it wasnt "bluish", it was white, and my rings were out.

Your completely wrong there, the smoke will be blue/bluish if its burning oil, when water is in the system it creates a white smoke.

94F450SD
04-11-2006, 08:38 PM
whitesmoke= coolant/water being burnt
blue= oil
black is unburnt gas

but i have seen cars that burn oil put out white smoke.this is usually caused by an obsene amount of oil being burnt.ever see a turbo on a diesel go out?the smoke is so white youd think there was a cloud following the truck.

best way to tell what it is is to take a whiff of it and see what it smells like.if its water it wont have much of a smell to it but if its oil you will know it.

kfxwizzard400
04-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Flyin-Low
Your completely wrong there, the smoke will be blue/bluish if its burning oil, when water is in the system it creates a white smoke.

not always my blaster blew a seal and all the crank oil poured into the cylinder creating this thick white smoke if i were u i would check your jetting