PDA

View Full Version : Slip on or Full System

Buck Naked
04-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Im looking into getting a HMF but was wondering if I should get a full system or just get the slip on? I was talking to dealership today and the guy recommended a slip on rather that a full. He said that without engine work a full system is a waste of money. So Im wondering if it is worth it to get the full or should I just get the slip on?

Thanks,
Keith

04-11-2006, 04:43 PM
full all the way....because if you want to do engine work in the future...BANG you already have full system....dont buy it from the dealership..they usually rip people off..and the guy doesnt know what he is talkina bout

Flyin-Low
04-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by 500exracer
full all the way....because if you want to do engine work in the future...BANG you already have full system....dont buy it from the dealership..they usually rip people off..and the guy doesnt know what he is talkina bout

I disagree, if your not planning on boring, upping your compression or doing work like that on your engine. Or if your on a tight budget, get the slip on. Will still add good power.

-Martin

exrider008
04-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by 500exracer

i agree 100% get the full system.
thats what i have and i love it.

Halter
04-11-2006, 05:57 PM
I am running into same problem...I want a full system but I dont have the budget to do it...and I am thinking just a slip on u knwo...cause I dont plan on going all performance for racing and **** I just wanna trail ride around my house here in ohio and be loud...

question though...is a HMF slip on good for a 400 ex ? or would u spend a extra 100 and get t-4, white,yoshimira etc?

I have 01 400ex by the way

exrider008
04-11-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Halter
I am running into same problem...I want a full system but I dont have the budget to do it...and I am thinking just a slip on u knwo...cause I dont plan on going all performance for racing and **** I just wanna trail ride around my house here in ohio and be loud...

question though...is a HMF slip on good for a 400 ex ? or would u spend a extra 100 and get t-4, white,yoshimira etc?

I have 01 400ex by the way

HMF is the best slip on money can buy.

Halter
04-11-2006, 06:02 PM
ok...thank u

GPracer2500
04-11-2006, 06:04 PM
I don't think a full system will do anything but cost more unless you do internal engine upgrades. I won't stake my reputation on that though cause I don't have the dyno charts to back up that opinion.

A slip-on alone will provide a nice performance boost. A slip-on with an aftermarket air filter and a removed or modified airbox lid would be real progress.

No matter what option you choose: don't forget to rejet!!

GPracer2500
04-11-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
HMF is the best slip on money can buy.

Can you support that statement? It may be true but without evidence it's just an opinion presented as fact.

Not trying to bust balls, I just want to know what your baseing that statement on.

Halter
04-11-2006, 06:10 PM
well a hmf slip on is like 209 and everything else is like 320 around there..I just wanna know should I spend that extra 100??

exrider008
04-11-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Halter
well a hmf slip on is like 209 and everything else is like 320 around there..I just wanna know should I spend that extra 100??

I would get the HMF but if u cant have ur pipe to loud then i would get the quiet core with it. i just put a quiet core in mine and it made it alot quieter and i didnt see a power loss.

Halter
04-11-2006, 06:19 PM
no,..loud doesn't matter around here..only thing it might hurt is when I running from cops other than that..dont matter!!

I prolly end up going that route

04-11-2006, 06:34 PM
Can you support that statement? It may be true but without evidence it's just an opinion presented as fact.

Dude, he said it was the best slip-on so he thinks it is good for the money quit bein annoying and go look it up urself

GPracer2500
04-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by #1contender
Dude, he said it was the best slip-on so he thinks it is good for the money quit bein annoying and go look it up urself

Look up what, exactly?

There are a lot of exhausts out there and I took that to be a somewhat bold statement. I'm just trying to figure out if he has tried different exhausts or what has convinced him that the HMF is the best there is??

I'm not going to appoligize for asking someone to explain their statments. If he wants to he can. If he doesn't, then fine.

JOEX
04-11-2006, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by #1contender

Talk about annoying:ermm:

exrider008 stated the HMF is the best money can buy with no facts to back it up. It was an OPINION.

IMO GPracer2500 posts some very useful info that the members here can really benefit from.

04-11-2006, 06:48 PM
well if he thinks the HMF isn;t the best exhuast then why would he say it?? Its not like he'd say well the HMF is the best exhuast out there and he'd go freakin research it for you...

Halter
04-11-2006, 06:49 PM
sorry for making a flame war :(

04-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Talk about annoying

umm... JOEX... call me annyoing 1 more time and ill ban you....HAHA j/k.. after all I am a moderator.