PDA

View Full Version : Jetting 426EX

C&SRACIN426EX
04-11-2006, 03:27 PM
I was just wondering what is the best jetting for a 400EX with a 426 Big bore kit, Stage 1 hot cam, use a stock carb.! thanks

GPracer2500
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM
That would depend on your elevation, normal riding tempuratures, your airfilter type, if you have any airbox mods (snorkel removed? lid modified? lid removed?), and your exhuast.

Once that information is known someone may be able to give you a starting point from which you can start experimenting to see what YOUR bike in YOUR environment requires/prefers.

zeppelin
04-11-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by GPracer2500
That would depend on your elevation, normal riding tempuratures, your airfilter type, if you have any airbox mods (snorkel removed? lid modified? lid removed?), and your exhuast.

Once that information is known someone may be able to give you a starting point from which you can start experimenting to see what YOUR bike in YOUR environment requires/prefers. THANK YOU!!!
no one seems to understand that these numbers are not written down somwhere, where you can just look up the perfect jets for you set up. even if you had 2 of the same bikes set up exactly the same, and rode them in the same spot, same day, same humiditly/weather and everything, one will probably still like different jets than the other.

c&sracing, if you need help look at my jetting thread in the how to section, or pm me.