PDA

View Full Version : advice for setting up for tt and flat tracking

budred400ex
04-11-2006, 11:47 AM
what the most important thing yall can think that needs to be on a TT or Flat Track bike thanks

One_Bad_400
04-12-2006, 08:54 PM
the most important things on a TT bike are

1. tires (right tires for right track)
2. Sway bar
3. nurf bars
4. lower suspention (shocks re-valved for tt to lower the bike, or just put the adjustments on all the way low if yo cant afford new shocks)
5. bigger bumper for pushing people out the way (it gets pretty agressive in those corners) not BIG but bigger then stock
6. tether cord (kill switch)
7. wider arms
8. and really most of all... a FAST motor... TT is more motor then anything else... dont get me wrong... you need handling to take the corners and everything.. but when you pull out of a corner and on to a strait... that handling and doing any good when that guy with that built Sparks Motor leaves you in the smoke... lol... happen to me last year... lol...

but if your not going to make this into your main sport then #'s 1,2,3,4,6 will get you going

budred400ex
04-13-2006, 11:19 AM
i have everything but 1,2,7, and 8. do u know neone that can help me out

spent21
04-13-2006, 11:26 AM
hey onebad 400, i'm originally from kosciusko, ms. i used to run motocross at pontotoc, pearl, and another down in south ms. i messed my shoulder up and have been wanting to set my 250r up for TT. I moved to Nashville, and I can't find any tracks around here. where do you run??

One_Bad_400
04-13-2006, 06:16 PM
about the closest TT track around here is Sikston MI... i ride MX and train on MX but race TT... and i ride at probly the best track around here is in Independence, MS called Plum Balistic and there's one in Memphis called adrinalin(sp?) thats pretty good...

here's a chat web side for Tenn., Miss., and Ark., thats got all the tracks aound here on it...

www.901racer.com
or
www.midsouthmx.com there the same site, with 2 diff URL's

One_Bad_400
04-13-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by budred400ex
i have everything but 1,2,7, and 8. do u know neone that can help me out

tires... really you have to order them off dealers like www.Ronnies.com becasue there arent any used tires becase you go threw a set of tires probly every 4 races...

sway bar... you can look around to see if there are any forsale but most likely your going to have to bye one from a dealer also..

wider arms... dependes on what kinda money your wanting to spend... Burgard is probly the best bang for the buck... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Burgard-Honda-TRX400ex-400ex-2-1-A-arm-set_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43974QQitemZ4630546 588QQrdZ1

motor... thats the most expensive part... are yo plannin on runnin any nationals?? if you can afford it a engine job will run you about 2 grand... and i wouldnt recomend an engine job on a 400ex unless you have the money... becasue i put a 416 in my 400ex and it really woulda been better off selling the bike for a R...