PDA

View Full Version : stock intake port pics?

SET THE STAGE
04-11-2006, 12:45 AM
i'm currently rebuilding a 250r that's pretty much just the frame and plastics right now. we had an engine but we had the engine sitting in our toolbox and someone broke into our garage and stole over 10 atv's and my toolchest which had the engine in it. so i'm trying to find a good unported cylinder but i've been seeing so many different styled intakes i just want to be sure on what stock is. thanks

http://i18.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/a8/90/ef_1.JPG

is that stock? i found that on ebay, it's going for like 3 bucks so i think i'm going to get it

SET THE STAGE
04-11-2006, 10:50 AM
NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THE STOCK INTAKE LOOKS LIKE!? COME ON! THE AUCTION ENDS IN 30 MINUTES AND I NEED TO KNOW!

wilkin250r
04-11-2006, 12:06 PM
You're kidding, right?

How the heck are we supposed to tell you if the cylinder is ported or not, just by looking at a picture of the intake? We can't even clearly see the intake because it's too dark, how in the world are we supposed to tell you if the exhaust has been raised or the transfers have been cut?

And then you get mad because we don't provide you an answer?

I tell you what. I'm going to post a picture of my truck, I want you to tell me when my transmission will need to be replaced.

250r4life
04-11-2006, 12:22 PM
ha ha ha ha... now thats funny...
:D :D :D

Aceman
04-11-2006, 12:24 PM
I would of told you but you didn't say Please.

SET THE STAGE
04-11-2006, 01:21 PM
and it would have been so hard to tell me it's too hard to see if it's been ported? all i asked was if somebody had a picture of a stock intake to compare. you sir, are an idiot.

SET THE STAGE
04-11-2006, 01:23 PM
and also, i didn't ask about anything even involving the exhaust. i clear said INTAKE PORTS. maybe you should read my post before you jump to conclusions and start talking out of your ***.

250r4life
04-11-2006, 01:45 PM
you said you wanted an unported cylinder, and obviously everybody knows you can port many different areas... ha ha ha... i'm still loving wilkins response- its not often he lets people have it like that... thats awesome... i've got a completely untouched cylinder at the house, but i dont have the time to mess with getting a pic of it... and i cant see your pic good enough to tell ya...

"i'll show you a pic of my truck and you tell me when i need to replace the tranny..." ha ha- thats classic

matt250r21
04-11-2006, 03:18 PM
That intake is either an 85 or 86 atc or trx cylinder. I can tell by the unbridged intake window.

SET THE STAGE
04-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by matt250r21
That intake is either an 85 or 86 atc or trx cylinder. I can tell by the unbridged intake window.

thank you for actually having a nice response to the thread. i'm pretty new to the R's so i don't know much about their intake geometry, but would it be better to find one bridged or not?

and 250r4life, would you be willing to sell your cylinder? and if so for how much.

250-R-250
04-11-2006, 03:48 PM
I know a guy with a brand new one, unported, brand new piston, reeds, everything you need for your topend, and its all oem.NEW

SET THE STAGE
04-11-2006, 03:51 PM
would he sell it? and for how much?

250r4life
04-11-2006, 03:53 PM
nah man, i really am not looking to sell the stock cylinder... i took my bike from like 100% stock to where it is now, and for some reason i like keeping onto the orignal parts :D also, if for some reason i blow up my 265 again, i can always just buy a piston and throw the stock jug on there... for what i could get for it, its not worth it for me to sell it... sorry bro, but thanks for asking...

250-R-250
04-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Yes, I think he wants 250for it..

250r4life
04-11-2006, 03:56 PM
ha ha ha... 250r250, everytime i see your "to strokes for life" it makes me laugh... 2 is spelled T-W-O... :D

beerock
04-11-2006, 05:44 PM
ported

i dont know why you owuld want to buy a cylinder unported? unless you want something stock to start with? honestly the stock porting is fun but once youve ridden a ported stock R jug youll wonder why you opted for a stock one

matt250r21
04-11-2006, 06:35 PM
I'm not sure if the 87-89 bridged intake is better than the 85-86 unbridged, stock vs stock I don't think it really matters. I do know that all Pro-X cylinders and Honda CR250 cylinders up to 2001 have similar setups as a stock 85-86 250R cylinder (unbridged intake). I would have to agree a stock ported cylinder is pretty much pointless, not much faster than a 400EX.

Jester
04-11-2006, 06:43 PM
when I had a chat with macdizzy he said that the unbridged worked better for low end...

I'm not a porting guru so I didn't ask why, I just said: oh, really, ok.

SET THE STAGE
04-11-2006, 07:03 PM
beerock, it's not that i want one for speed or anything, but i just rather get a stock one THEN have it ported so i atleast know what was done to it.

i just rather buy one where i pretty much already know the history of it. it's like buying an already modded out quad, sure it's fun an everything, but there could be a problem or something you didn't know it had that you needed to deal with. which is why i rather get a stock then ported by a company i know i can trust

beerock
04-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by SET THE STAGE
beerock, it's not that i want one for speed or anything, but i just rather get a stock one THEN have it ported so i atleast know what was done to it.

i just rather buy one where i pretty much already know the history of it. it's like buying an already modded out quad, sure it's fun an everything, but there could be a problem or something you didn't know it had that you needed to deal with. which is why i rather get a stock then ported by a company i know i can trust

right on i figured that

wilkin250r
04-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by SET THE STAGE
and also, i didn't ask about anything even involving the exhaust. i clear said INTAKE PORTS. maybe you should read my post before you jump to conclusions and start talking out of your ***.

Kid, I've forgotten more about these engines than you'll ever know in the first place.

Your post clearly says "i'm trying to find a good unported cylinder but i've been seeing so many different styled intakes i just want to be sure on what stock is."

The intake has almost NOTHING to do with the porting. You can easily port the cylinder for a wild, screaming hig revs, and still leave the intake looking completely stock. If you're looking for a unported cylinder, a picture of the intake won't tell you anything.

I'm generally a nice guy, and I've helped literally thousands of people on this board. But you are just rubbing me the wrong way. Don't get pissed off at us simply because we aren't answering your questions in the timeframe you would like.

And please refrain from personal attacks. The next time you call somebody an idiot, whether it be me or somebody else, I'm going to ban you.

SET THE STAGE
04-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Kid, I've forgotten more about these engines than you'll ever know in the first place.

Your post clearly says "i'm trying to find a good unported cylinder but i've been seeing so many different styled intakes i just want to be sure on what stock is."

The intake has almost NOTHING to do with the porting. You can easily port the cylinder for a wild, screaming hig revs, and still leave the intake looking completely stock. If you're looking for a unported cylinder, a picture of the intake won't tell you anything.

I'm generally a nice guy, and I've helped literally thousands of people on this board. But you are just rubbing me the wrong way. Don't get pissed off at us simply because we aren't answering your questions in the timeframe you would like.

And please refrain from personal attacks. The next time you call somebody an idiot, whether it be me or somebody else, I'm going to ban you.

i may have said unported cylinder in the body, but did you even read the topic? STOCK INTAKE PORT PICS. i figured if you read the topic at least you would know i'm looking for stock 250r intake pictures, ones that haven't been touched.

and if you didn't know, then why did you post and try to tear me down? yeah, i'm pretty sure i'm right on this one.