PDA

View Full Version : CDI Boxes

Moto92
04-10-2006, 10:16 PM
anyone running the CDI boxes for MX?
are they worth the money? any noticeable power gains?
im considering getting the alba box.

450ss
04-11-2006, 12:43 AM
you dont gain power you just are able to rev past your redline rpm once you over rev the rpm your not gaining anymore power

quallerd
04-11-2006, 06:59 AM
Is there a commonly accepted "best" CDI box out there for the 450? If so, what is it? If not, what are some of the better ones?

04-11-2006, 10:01 AM
i'm not trying to rob this thread, but i have a question concerning aftermarket cdi boxes.

after rebuilding my quad this winter, my brake light now stays on constantly (as if the brake is applied). i have a magnum non-programmable cdi installed. would the aftermarket cdi box cause this? or should i looke elsewhere?

4LEAFCLOVER
04-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by force
i'm not trying to rob this thread, but i have a question concerning aftermarket cdi boxes.

after rebuilding my quad this winter, my brake light now stays on constantly (as if the brake is applied). i have a magnum non-programmable cdi installed. would the aftermarket cdi box cause this? or should i looke elsewhere?

There should be a little black circle thing that's attached to a spring on the bottom right where your rear brake lever is located. You can adjust this black circular piece and that should fix your problem. Mine just needed to be adjusted because my brake light was stuck in the on position also. Try that and see if that works.

Yamahauler_04
04-11-2006, 04:58 PM
From my experiences, I like the Vortex. I have seen the Dyna kill a few bikes, they run funny after a while and seem to advance.

desratt
04-11-2006, 06:15 PM
no a TRUE cdi does a he11 of a lot more then let you rev a little higher..
and dyna is THE best

Programmable Ignition Features

Programmable Timing Curves (4)
Programmable Rev Limits
Increased Spark Energy
Improved Throttle Response
Easier Starting
Programmable RPM Activated Outputs(2) (Can be used for Nitrous Activation, Shift Light, Auto Shifter, or Boost Control)
Tach Output*
Launch Limiter*
Shift Kill Interrupt*(Allows clutchless shifting)
Data logging*
External Curve Selector Switch
Plug-In Module Replacement (Easy Mounting)

04-12-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by 4LEAFCLOVER
There should be a little black circle thing that's attached to a spring on the bottom right where your rear brake lever is located. You can adjust this black circular piece and that should fix your problem. Mine just needed to be adjusted because my brake light was stuck in the on position also. Try that and see if that works.

ok, i'll try that.
thanks for the help.