PDA

View Full Version : Best Rekluse Set-up?

450RGNCC
04-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Hi, I am thinking about getting a Rekluse Z-start clutch for my 450r because I am tired of stalling during races and wasting precious time getting started again. First off, does anyone have any positive or negative things to say about this clutch? I am not very familiar with it, but from what I have seen it takes a little more maintenance than a regular clutch, and I am prepared to do that extra maintenance if it will save me some time on the track. Secondly, what is everyone's opinions on the best set-up to go along with this clutch? (like what clutch basket, clutch fibers, oil, etc. to use, because if I am going to do this, I want to do it right the first time and I want this to last me for many races without any major problems.) Thanks for your input!

Colby@C&DRacing
04-11-2006, 08:44 AM
as for the basket wiesco make one specific for the rekluse as for the clutch plates and fibers I am still running the stock 04 clutch I did change the basket in July. I have used amsoil, maxima, klotz in our rekluse. Rekluse has recommended rotella T. The most important thing is making sure it is installed correct and you check the gap frequent and make sure you keep the external perch adjuster adjusted and the cables moving freeley.