PDA

View Full Version : hinson clutch cover?

jas250r
04-10-2006, 02:36 PM
Sent my cover to have the quick change mod done by the guy on ebay that always list them. My question is i order a polished cover from hinson, and it is on back order for 4 weeks! I really don't want a duncan or who ever else has their name on them. So does anyone know anywhere that might have them in stock? If I can't get one, i guess i will be sporting duncan racing!

DezSled
04-10-2006, 07:25 PM
I had the same thing done with the guy on ebay, its a good deal. For $165 the sidecover is modified to accept your cover. The guy doesn't tell you that you won't find a cover anywhere. I searched around for awhile, calling duncan racing, hinson, k&k, roll design, and all around my area. Finally I called Denton racing and they had one @ $95. I tried to buy two, but they said thats all they had. When I called duncan racing they said that hinson and duncan go in together to have a bunch of the covers made to bring down the cost of the covers. Hinson said that it would be at least 6 weeks because of all the 4 stroke covers that need to be made first. There is a demand for them so they will be making them hinson told me, because one of the people I called said they might be stopping making them cause of the lower demand. So you might have to wait for them to start machining them, just be patient. Be stoked you didn't pay $399. for the complete sidecover. Oh ya the cover didn't come with the o ring just the allen head pan head bolts, duncan had the oring w/ allen head bolt kit but no cover. Good luck

jas250r
04-11-2006, 02:58 PM
yeah going to duncan now. they're closed on monday. ct said they had one polished one left but no o-rings and bolts, i believe it say ct racing on it. didn't ask but i assume so. Yeah hinson said it was 4 week back order. i might wait, and borrow a friends side cover for now. thanks for the help

jas250r
04-11-2006, 03:02 PM
lady at duncan says 2-4 weeks. they don't have any.

jas250r
04-11-2006, 03:47 PM
i figured i would tell everyone that i got one from ct racing that says hinson on it for a cheap 83 bucks with 2 extra o-rings. so if anyone else is interested in saving money and having billet boy racing do the hinson clutch mod for a total of 265.

beerock
04-11-2006, 05:40 PM
heh, i believe his name is casey right? tell him broque said whats up and he can do powdercoating for your cover if you want

also, he can probably make you a cover he made my cover.

want a bwr cover?

doesnt he make the stock cut out of the honda a cover as well? i know i have one.

he made my cover, engraved it, polished it and then acid etched it, then pcoated it with a clear coat red flake