PDA

View Full Version : cam for 250x?

Blue250X
04-10-2006, 01:22 PM
does anyone besides webcams make a cam for a 250x and how much of a power increase is there between this and stock

elementryder
04-11-2006, 06:33 PM
tom carlson / it dont get no better then him i dont have one but hears it gives a crap load of power with a tc pipe

Blue250X
04-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by elementryder
tom carlson / it dont get no better then him i dont have one but hears it gives a crap load of power with a tc pipe

is it completly drop in and is he the one who has a website that doesnt work?

Cody_300ex
04-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Blue250X
is it completly drop in and is he the one who has a website that doesnt work?

If its completely drop in (IMO) i don't think it's worth it. Your going to see minimal power gains and run a high risk of floating out your valves. If your going to spend the money on a cam get a decently big cam and H/D valve springs. I have rode all 4 stages of web cams and a sparks MX cam. No the motors werent identical but you could tell the difference in the powerbands. This is JMO by the way.

elementryder
04-12-2006, 04:45 AM
i dont think its drop in and yes his sight dont work---------------------------where do you guys get .80 high comp piston like 12.5:1 or 13:1

Blue250X
04-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Cody_300ex
If its completely drop in (IMO) i don't think it's worth it. Your going to see minimal power gains and run a high risk of floating out your valves. If your going to spend the money on a cam get a decently big cam and H/D valve springs. I have rode all 4 stages of web cams and a sparks MX cam. No the motors werent identical but you could tell the difference in the powerbands. This is JMO by the way.

thanks, now, wat cam should i get out of the web cams?? i dont want to do anything besides harden the rockers, and maybe valve springs