PDA

View Full Version : Jetting for Utah

Ken Klosterman
04-10-2006, 11:49 AM
I'll be heading out to Utah for a 1 week dune trip to the Little Sahara on May 6th. Going with 2 YFZ's and a Raptor. Gotta try to hold my own against my buddies when I'm out there. Could use a bit of help in making sure my jetting is correct or at least close. Definitely won't be the same as my Iowa jetting.

Currently have an 04 450R - HRC airbox lid, jet needle and endcap along with a just installed Hot Cam stage II.

Have a Dr D. pipe sitting on the shelf and I could throw that on for the trip too. (kinda like my quiet HRC endcap though)

I could use some suggestions on a main jet size. I can take a couple with me too but some input on a good starting point would be great. :p :p

Thanks!!

Quadster450
04-10-2006, 02:28 PM
elevation would be key. not sure what elevation little sahara is but i'm in vegas - about 2800 feet, and i run a 160 main right now probably go to a 158 when it gets hotter. remember the higher the elevation, the richer you run

Ken Klosterman
04-11-2006, 12:25 PM
The 06 has a different carb on is so I don't believe that would be a correct jetting choice for my 04. (I could be wrong though) :p

But thanks for replying!! :p

atvRiDa400ex
04-11-2006, 01:14 PM
yea i have an 06' and i go up to utah all of the time at about 8500 ft and mine runs fine and i have not had to jet it! SO crazy!