PDA

View Full Version : ?? Dial-a-Jet?? any info on use by anyone??!

atvRiDa400ex
04-10-2006, 10:45 AM
hey i was wonderin if any of u guys had used "dial-a-jet", cuz im looking into gettin one and i have no idead how they REALLY are!! any info helps thanx!

400exr
04-10-2006, 02:05 PM
I had one on my stock 400ex and it worked really good. The installation is simple and doesn't take more than an hour or so. The main thing is to get the right main jet in your bike. You have to drop the main jet down a few sizes so that your air/fuel mixture is lean. Then from there the dial-a-jet has room to work in. it will compensate the lean mixture with more fuel that it injects directly into the airboot.
Some people on here had problems with it and others liked it and it worked for them. I had my bike from 200 feet above sea level to 5000 feet above sea level and it worked great at both altitudes. I did many plug chops and the plug always showed a perfect color. It's pretty simple, just adjust it and go.

atvRiDa400ex
04-10-2006, 02:19 PM
WOW that makes me much happier cuz my dad is all ma at me cuz no one has replied to this post HAHA! im happy its a good review! so ur saying to leave it lean so the dial-a-jet can get used to it and add fuel as it goes and that wont mess anything up?! Also do u think it will work good at 8500 feet above sea level??

400exr
04-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Yes, the dial-a-jet needs room to work in therefore you have to run the mainjet lean. The company has pretty good coustomer service and they provide a nice set of instructions that explains everything. I ran mine for 3 years and never had an problems and even raced MX with it in my bike.
Also, it shouldn't have any problems running at 8500 feet. Dirtwheels did a test on one and they had good things to say about it aswell. But, like I said I know a few people on here that didn't have any luck with the product. The only reason I stoped using it is because I stepped to a 39mm FCR carb.

Steven

atvRiDa400ex
04-10-2006, 02:42 PM
do u know any sites that have it and an overview of how it is done??

SandShark400
04-10-2006, 02:59 PM
my opinion is to just get regular jets from dynojet and do it right..!

GPracer2500
04-10-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by SandShark400
my opinion is to just get regular jets from dynojet and do it right..!

I agree, except get original Keihin gets.

EXevan91
04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
LoL its all a matter of opinion