View Full Version : New Clutch lever and perch???????

easyrider470
04-10-2006, 09:06 AM
I was wondering if anyone has replaced their stock clutch lever and perch with an aftermarket one. I am concerned with the idiot switch in the stock perch. Can i just cut the two wires that go into it and just have to start the bike with the clutch in everytime or if i snip the wires will the bike even run....??? i want to put an aftermarket lever and perch on there but want to have my ducks in a row first. Any suggestions or guidance will be helpful.

300exOH
04-10-2006, 09:22 AM
If you cut the two neutral safety switch wires and splice them together you will be able to start it in gear. Then you can use any aftermarket lever.

Note- Just make sure you don't start it before pulling in the clutch. The quad will try to start and take off.

easyrider470
04-11-2006, 12:37 PM
AWESOME! Thanks for the gouge! Now the question is.....do i always have to pull in the clutch or will the bike start just fine without the clutch pulled in? Obviously i will make sure to be in neutral but it should work regardless right? You say to splice them together? Do i have to?

300exOH
04-11-2006, 12:46 PM
You don't have to splice them together but if you don't I'm thinking it will not start in gear. Splicing the wires just makes it so you can start it if you stall it while in a higher gear. It will start in neutral without pulling in the clutch though.

YFZ450Ridr
04-11-2006, 03:14 PM
i just unplugged mine and taped it down to the wires on the front going into the plastics. i didnt want to snip this or that and have my bike not start. im not sure what brand my clutch perch and lever are but i got them off ebay and they are a dirtbike stocker, works good and cheap.

premiumtommy
04-13-2006, 12:45 PM
when you remove the 2 wires from the switch, just jam them together (metal ends touching) and tape them. Then you can start it in gear (pull in the clutch).

ebay...asv breakaway levers..CHEAP...i got both gas and clutch for cheaper than just one by itself..

get the refurbished from manufacturer..they are still covered by guarantee but cheaper in price