PDA

View Full Version : Bodatious (Virginia)

chawness
04-10-2006, 06:07 AM
Anyone on here who raced at Bodatious this weekend??

XCAdam89
04-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Where is this track? Do they have a website? How about a Blaster Class?

chawness
04-18-2006, 06:40 AM
The track is located near Dixie, Virginia. The website is www.bodatious.com

They have a Blaster class. There were 3 Blasters racing when I was there. 2 of them didnt finish because of sucking up water I think. first place paid $50 in that class.

The track is small and often wet / muddy as it has 2 creek crossings. They build small jumps over the creek crossings but sometimes it still gets muddy. They race 4x4 trucks and 2 wheel drive cars around the same track, so there are no other jumps.

XCAdam89
04-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Do they allow 300ex's and Warriors to race in the blaster class as well? What type of racing is it? Cross Country or Motocross?

dopeyferree
04-19-2006, 06:43 AM
THis is a very different kind of racing. It is basically a flat track sometimes with deep creek crossings. I went there in 04 and they only ran the flat circle track because the creek was too deep for the quads. I seen some really different quad set ups there. 18" rear tires and 23 " fronts. Something about crossing a creek that is sometimes near seat deep.

Flynbryan19
04-19-2006, 07:52 AM
LOL........Ahh yes. Bodatious. The redneck central of Virginia. :) Yeah, we used to go there all the time when I still lived in Powhatan, Va. This is a fun place to go, but be prepared for the most hillbilly organization you've ever been too. It is a great time though, and the Truck/Car races are alot of fun to watch. The mudbogs are fun, and the sand drags are pretty darn impressive.

I no longer live close enough to make it worth the drive, but if you live in the area I'd suggest checking it out. There is even a pay back for the top 3 riders in each class. Where are you gonna get that in AMA racing without being a pro? :)

chawness
04-19-2006, 10:50 AM
You are right about the redneck comment! LOL!! At its finest!

Payback is as follows:

1st $100
2nd $75
3rd $50

You can race multiple classes also depending on your quad. My buddy used to walk away with $600 after 2 days of racing....

I dont know about the 300ex or Warrior in the Blaster class. I'd shoot them an email and find out.

chawness
04-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Also this is a horsepower track. The loose sandy/clay soil can suck the power out of your bike. There is nothing on the track to seperate the men from the boys either, like whoops, doubles or triples.