PDA

View Full Version : Twin Air filter

Ralph.nl
04-10-2006, 02:52 AM
Does the metal filter has to be inserted into the Twin Air filter? Is it a very tight fitting? A customer of mine said he had some troubles with getting the metal filter into the Twin Air filter. I never dealed with this problem because there are very few TRX400EX's in my country.

Def-e-nition
04-10-2006, 04:35 AM
The air filter needs it , or it would collapse . The metal bit provides a skeleton for the foam to rest on . How your friend is struggling is a little odd - it is a tight fit , but it should go on .

Ralph.nl
04-11-2006, 01:34 AM
Ok, I'll tell him to push harder :D Thanks!

jdboy
04-11-2006, 04:12 AM
Make sure he's got the right filter. Twin Flow make 2 filters for the EX. One is for their Power Flow system and one is for use on the stock screen. The Power Flow filter is smaller than the one for the stock screen. Also the Power Flow filter has backfire resistant foam and doesn't need the screen.

Bighead1
04-11-2006, 04:49 AM
How are these air filters compared to KandN's? Performance wise.

Ralph.nl
04-11-2006, 06:45 AM
Yes its the normal filter, the one thats not for the Pro Flow set, so it should fit.

I'm not sure how they are compared to K&N, most people say K&N is a bit better, but I'm not sure if thats true. Twin Air is made in the Netherlands (the country where I live :) ) so they're not very expensive here. The most models cost $14 overhere.