PDA

View Full Version : UM Nerfs - Troubleshooting needed

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 09:32 PM
does your foot brake lever hit your nerfs?? We have the UM and they are basically the same as the AC and ours hits REALLY BAD

Also, our right side foot peg come with a xtra metal plate welded on it ? And........... What foot peg bolts did you use??

The threads on ours doesnt go far enough up the bolt,you run out of threads before the foot peg becomes tight.

Also, do you know if ther is any difference with the 04,05 and 06 for the nerfs??Our nerf box doesnt show a specific .

Not a happy customer at this point!
:mad:

KRMit
04-10-2006, 07:14 AM
I had to grind part of the right peg off to clear the brake lever. It didn't take long. I also had to get the bolts for the front of the nerfs. I just picked them up at a hardware store. I'm rather dissapointed with them as well. They should have just bolted up better. They also rattle like crazy. I hacked off the heel gaurd backplate because my foot kept getting wedged beside it.

http://msatv.com/forum/files/kevin450r05_294.jpg

QuadJunkies
04-10-2006, 10:42 AM
WEll, I DID find out that there IS indeed a dif. in the 06 mounts they are "supposed" to be sending them 2 day air .:rolleyes:

Ill be ordering Pro Armor the minute they become avail.

thanks fof the info :)

Is it just the pic or does your Nerfs have a MAJOR slope to them?

KRMit
04-10-2006, 10:46 AM
I guess it's just the angle I took the pic at. They actually run parallel to the frame... well... except the few little bends they have from stumps and stuff.

QuadJunkies
04-10-2006, 10:49 AM
lol:p