PDA

View Full Version : Battery won't hold a charge!

Fred55
04-09-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey I have a 2005 YFZ which I have had since January of 05. I have had the lights off of the machine since last April and not one throughout the year or purely MX racing/riding have I had a problem with my battery. Going into my first winter with the machine I put it on a battery tender from Yamaha for a few months. I took it off and rode it in the end of Feb. and the battery seemed fine then. It did die from trying to start in the cold but we got it running and didnt have any more trouble the rest of the day. Now today I decided to change the oil, remove all the plastics and clean it. Well the battery was dead....even after a month of being on a tender. So I put it on and get it running...I took it up and down the street. Parked it and cleaned it and did the oil change. After about 2 hours....battery is dead again....So i took out the battery and put it on a charger once more for about 3-4 hours while i cut my fenders and cleaned up my mess.......well guess what...still dead.....does anybody know whats going on with this?

WhiteYFZ
04-10-2006, 10:29 PM
bad battery "?