PDA

View Full Version : GNCC tracks way to easy?

Arctic Cat Dad
04-09-2006, 07:30 PM
I was just wondering if some of the parents and youth atv riders think the tacks are to easy? After the race Michael and I were talking about the race. He said He didn'y like the track! He said it was way to easy and there wasn't any hill climbs or down hills,creek crossings, or any mud pits at all. Now this is coming from an 8 yr old. If he thinks this what do the much older kids think.

When we walked the track I thought it wasn't any challange for the kids.All it was was field sections with a very small woods section which was like a paved highway. Then the rest was loging roads.

Maby it's just us. But we ride in the most extreme XC conditions there is. I was talking to another dad. We race an east coast series to keep in shape for the Nationals. I asked him what he thought of the track. He just smiled and said it's a joke. I asked him what do you think the parents and kids would do if we had a National at lets say Masontown. He said half of them would go home.

Please don't take this all wrong. I'm very glad that we can finally get these kids to race on the National level. These kids need to be seen . Because some of them are awesome. But when an 8 yr old is bored with these tracks it makes me wonder.I just don't see racing in fields and logging roads a challange. It doesn't make them a better rider if there to easy.

Pappy
04-09-2006, 07:35 PM
The weather made the tracks harder last year......this year i've heard rumblings to the same extent as yours...too easy no challenge.

I geuss they are stuck in a tight spot...make them too hard you run the risk of injuries, too easy its no challenge for the older kids.

And I fully agree, put 95% of the Youth GNCC on one of Pauls courses and we would not see 3/4 of them finish a lap!

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 08:49 PM
If you want some hillclimbs come do a WORCS race, the kids will get lots of Elev. changes! :eek: :blah:

I always get nervous when they let the kids go off into the unknown trails,my son Brandon flipped on the last lap last year and was leading 1st place in his class

We got his 90 to pull this hill last wk end as well.

In alotof ways, Im glad to see they dont push these kids too far and keep them somehwhat safe for the more advanced kids it isnt as competitive .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/QuadJunkies/IMG_1232.jpg

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 08:50 PM
So how long do they run the minis for a GNCC and how many miles is the course?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/QuadJunkies/IMG_1255.jpg

Pappy
04-09-2006, 08:59 PM
2 to 5 mile course 45 minute race time

QJ...here is the first 3/4 mile at one of our local Youth races....

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 08:59 PM
I was pretty nervous when they had the mini taken this hill..
they made a lane change forthe minis last year, I was happy to see it .. Even some of he Blasters had to shift down alot of get up this sucka. :eek2:

Pappy
04-09-2006, 09:00 PM
The kids were completely out of sight for over 10 minutes as they topped that ridge and ran along its crest

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 09:01 PM
I would love to see a GNCC some day..

How does the Wee ones handle the humidity ya'll get?? Do they wear Camel Packs?? We tried that last year and the kids HATED them. It made me ill to see them not even get winded after a 45 minutes race :o :p

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Is there any video coverage on the minis?? I would REALLY LOVE to see it if there is!:macho

Sorry, I didnt mean to stray the topic.

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
The kids were completely out of sight for over 10 minutes as they topped that ridge and ran along its crest :eek:

newnick
04-10-2006, 05:58 AM
That looks like some fun racing. When you can't see the kids are there flaggers or track persons out there?

camsdad
04-10-2006, 09:01 AM
some of the kids wear camelpaks,my son hates them....the gncc tracks are fairly wide for the miniquads as far as mud goes mother nature dictates that..if you want a tight tough course try a fla trail riders hare scramble..minis run 1.5 hrs and the woods sections are designed for bikes so they are tight...i'd like to congratulate my son "CAM"for his accomplishments thus far this season...4 national wins...rounds 3&5 atva gnc mx series 70 shifter..rounds 1&4 gncc 70 production....hes has proven to me that he is a true competitor accelling in both series...

badvox
04-10-2006, 09:04 AM
To QJ and Pappy just want to tell ya that I really like those pics of the courses. Dont usually get to see any images like that.

QJ are you going to the Adelanto worcs race at Racetown 395?

Thanks for the images!!

QuadJunkies
04-10-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by badvox
To QJ and Pappy just want to tell ya that I really like those pics of the courses. Dont usually get to see any images like that.

QJ are you going to the Adelanto worcs race at Racetown 395?

Thanks for the images!!

We will be at the Payette Clay Peaks Round, and are shooting for Pismo.We had hopes for Washugal but we have State series we are doing as well and cant make all the WORCS rounds.Also kids in school its tough to travel too much.

Ill have a ton of footage on the Clay Peak event .

No, we cant make that round. I wish we could have done them all. Troy just got his new Hondaa few weeks ago so things were jsut not rightfor us this year.

This shows some of the Terrain too,although the minis dont take the hill

Clay Peak 2005 (http://www.neptune.com/users/quadjunkies/videoWMP/quadjunkies275505.wmv)

So how many kids are showing for the GNCC on an Ave. this year??

There is a TON of pics fro mthe Clay peak track if your going to make that round, it will give you some idea what you will be racing

renae
04-10-2006, 02:52 PM
A couple of years ago the youth bikes were complaining that the tracks were to easy. Well racer productions made the next one hard and they had alot kids going down and getting hurt. Thad Duvall broke his arm and he is a A class adult rider now. So that is why they don't make the tracks harder.

camsdad
04-10-2006, 03:10 PM
anyone int in tougher tracks...try a mx national..the hills in the pics above are comparable to the elevation changes at high point,steele city and even buds creek has a tough up hill....add a little rain and you have your wish..the youth riders run the same course as everyone else except for the 50cc limited class...

Arctic Cat Dad
04-10-2006, 06:06 PM
As for the camel back he hates to fool with his. He never wears his,says there's no time for it. We just like rough tracks. I just they were more fun for them. QJ those hills are nice they just need some big ruts and a bunch of rocks to go around and up oover in that hill!:devil:

Oh well life goes on and we'll go to the next 1 and hope for a good race. See ever1 there.

Pappy
04-10-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by camsdad
anyone int in tougher tracks...try a mx national..the hills in the pics above are comparable to the elevation changes at high point,steele city and even buds creek has a tough up hill....add a little rain and you have your wish..the youth riders run the same course as everyone else except for the 50cc limited class...

I can see if mud were an issue, but there are hills so steep you can not walk up them dry in some series. When we first let our son race, it intimidated me, but not the boy!

Pappy
04-10-2006, 06:48 PM
I will try and post a few pics that show some of the scenary QJ

Pappy
04-10-2006, 06:52 PM
I want to say this is Fink farm, the kids were switch backed up and down the mountain and it was plenty slick and muddy....made for some killer racing

Pappy
04-10-2006, 06:54 PM
How about some good drop offs:macho

Arctic Cat Dad
04-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Pappy that is the fink farm. That is part of our practice track now.
As far as hill climbs there is a hill climb right here beside the house. I would say it's well over a 90 degree angle. Michael has ben begging me to go up it. It's a killer hill all rutted out with rocks and all the good stuff. I went up half way and told him to hit her hard. He pinned it in second and rode a wheelie over the top and did a donut and flew right back down it.

I guess he's just spoiled. He will only ride rough trails around here and skip the easy 1's.He's really picked up the pace.He's way faster since you've last seen him.

Pappy
04-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Tell him we said to keep it up!

we have a few hills to practice on:D

Pappy
04-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Its plenty steep for a mini:devil:

QuadJunkies
04-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
As for the camel back he hates to fool with his. He never wears his,says there's no time for it. We just like rough tracks. I just they were more fun for them. QJ those hills are nice they just need some big ruts and a bunch of rocks to go around and up oover in that hill!:devil:

Oh well life goes on and we'll go to the next 1 and hope for a good race. See ever1 there. hehe... The trails DO have ruts that was knew to waist deep :D thats the groomed section of the track. We dont have too much rock ,only in some of the far back trails but the kids dont hit too much of that.

QuadJunkies
04-12-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I will try and post a few pics that show some of the scenary QJ Wish my kids could come play for a wk end :( They would LOVE it Im sure.

QuadJunkies
04-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Troy says if we ever win that lottery, were gonna have a SuperGNCC (or superWORCS track) where your off in the trails then all of a sudden,your hitting a table in the middle of it all,then a dbl. ect..Anything like that over there?

quad mom 1
04-17-2006, 01:36 PM
BACK TO THE TOPIC,WE ALSO AGREE THAT THE TRACKS THIS YEAR IN GNCC HAVE BEEN EASY. WE HAVE ATTENED ALL OF THEM WITH-THEY ARE WIDEOPEN- WITH THE EXCEPTION OF NC- THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE XC WOODS RACE -WHERE ARE THE TIGHT WOODS,HILLCLIMBS, & CREEK CROSSING? LAST YEAR WE RAN AT THE SAME PLACES-& WE HAD ALL OF THOSE & WEATHER CONDITIONS TO DEAL WITH.THERE WERE NO SERIOUS INJURIES TO MY KNOWLEDGE. IN SC THE FIRST 1 & 1/2 WAS A TWO TO THREE LANE HIGHWAY IT'S A JOKE. I PERSONALLY WALKED THE TRACK WITH A GPS, OUT OF A 4 MILE TRACK 1 MILE WAS IN THE WOODS- NOT EVEN TIGHT OR TECHNICAL -THE OTHER 1 & 1/2 IN THE DEAD WOOD SECTION, SOME OFF CAMBER BUT STILL OPEN. THE TRACKS COULD BE CUT & DESIGNED TO BE TIGHTER IN THE WOODS WITH LESS WIDE OPEN STRAIGHT A WAYS. I DO BELIEVE YOU CAN STILL CUT A TRACK TIGHT & TECHINCAL & KEEP IT SAFE FOR THE YOUNGER RIDERS. BUT THE ONLY WAY WE ARE GOING TO SEE THOSE TRACKS- IS FOR ALL OF US TO BAN TOGETHER & LET OUR OPINIONS BE HEARD TO RP. BY NO MEANS AM I DOWNING RP, WE THANK THEM FOR ALLOWING ARE YOUTH TO COMPETE.BUT THE YOUTH ARE GETTING BORED & WANT TO BE CHALLANGED- SO LET'S KEEP IT IN THE WOODS. THAT'S OUR OPINION

Arctic Cat Dad
04-17-2006, 07:49 PM
That's exactly how he feels. If an 8 year old is bored to death then what do the older kids think.We practice in EXTREME off road tails.He likes to ride in the real rough and tight and tuff stuff. Then when you go to the races it's like a cake walk.:D