View Full Version : QuadFast graphics install question

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 06:58 PM
I was wondering if someone who runs these graphics could tell me, where the front shrouds are ,do you have to take the rivets out to install the graphics ?? We coudnt find any way around it and was hoping I wouldnt have to do it thay way :ermm:

eagertorace
04-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I was wondering if someone who runs these graphics could tell me, where the front shrouds are ,do you have to take the rivets out to install the graphics ?? We coudnt find any way around it and was hoping I wouldnt have to do it thay way :ermm:

the front shrouds? the side plastic that covers the radiator.
you shouldn't have to remove anything, just take your time doing it.

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by eagertorace
the front shrouds? the side plastic that covers the radiator.
you shouldn't have to remove anything, just take your time doing it. well of course Ill take my time!! :)
See... this is what Im referring to

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 07:30 PM
WE have it all installed except for this part

305400ex
04-09-2006, 07:32 PM
if your planning on installing the quadtech skinny hood your gonna have to remove that fender bracket just FYI.

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by 305400ex
if your planning on installing the quadtech skinny hood your gonna have to remove that fender bracket just FYI. skinny hood?? All I know is that we are ordering the Quad Tech Black Plastic hood ,Im ordering it tomorrow. I didnt know ther was a skinny hood though:confused:
thanks for the info.

305400ex
04-09-2006, 07:37 PM
the skinny hood is the new style, then theres the regular one which is the old style.

If you look at the pics of my bike thats the new style hood.

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 07:43 PM
All I know is that they told me this week when I called that they are the same measurments as the ones listed on there website(the Carbon one he black plastic ones are not pictured)

they will most likely not being making the Carbon fiber one anymore or it will cost you and arm and leg to buy it. I still dont get why you have to take the brackets off for the hood though Sorry guys, Im just trying to figure this one out .

macsolocam
04-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Well if you want a good fit and nice look go ahead and pull your front side fenders off and it should match up perfect.....trim out around the holes and mount everything back up.....

This is the best shots I have in that area and this in on Laker plastic....

These graphics look good on red, black, or white.....

macsolocam
04-09-2006, 07:51 PM
photo #2...

QuadJunkies
04-09-2006, 07:59 PM
lol I had a feeling thats what you was gonna say... :p

macsolocam~~ thanks for the pics.. So far I am liking the look of the graphics. I wold LOVE to see them make some of for the minis, I woud buy Em!
:macho

This is what we got on so far.

BTW.. Your quad is Beautiful :devil:

john.E.business
04-09-2006, 09:34 PM
I personally think those are the nicest cleanest looking graphics on the market if i was going to put graphics on my bike those would be my first choice... BTW sweet bikes...

ryann mx68
04-10-2006, 07:20 AM
yeah i drilled out my rivets and removed the fenders to do the install.

only takes a few mins

my fenders are cut...so i just used the 2 bolts to re-attach, it holds fine, if your running full fenders just get some small stainless machine screws and install in place of rivets

if you do it this way, you can switch back and forth from race cuts to full fenders

nowukno
04-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Love those graphics! If you don't mind me asking , what was the price? Also , does the tank graphics have holes for air? I have always wanted a graphics kit but always afraid of the tank graphics peeling off.

04-10-2006, 10:06 AM
how well do these graphics stick to "worn" plastic?

QuadJunkies
04-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by nowukno
Love those graphics! If you don't mind me asking , what was the price? Also , does the tank graphics have holes for air? I have always wanted a graphics kit but always afraid of the tank graphics peeling off. Price including seat cover is 110.00

The grade of the vinyl is very nice and yes, therer is vent holes on the tank. Some vinyl is hard to work with, even some of the thicker stuff ,but this vinyl was a liittle more flex but yet strong .Im impressed so far. Only time will tell how long they stay on. I only had one very small corner that was pointy we had to snip cause it wouldnt stick. Thats a norm for small pointy(like flames for example) pieces.

I personally didint care for the seat cover but thats just me.Im gonna just sell it and buy else a Jettrim or Quad Tech Hump seat.

I appreciated the info everyone. :)

nowukno
04-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the info , im ordering mine asap.

TrxMxRacer
04-10-2006, 01:03 PM
I love mine

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c234/mxryder45/DCFN0004.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c234/mxryder45/DCFN0002.jpg

tn450r
04-10-2006, 04:22 PM
I have run the same set for a year know, and they hold up great! They are extremely tough. The price is also very good!