PDA

View Full Version : Loretta Lynn's

400exrules
04-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Whose goin? Its in two weeks, and i just did my first harescramble today, and omg it was tight. The guys i was talkin to at the harescramble today said they're goin to Lorettas, and that its alot wider/easier track then these harescrambles. How wide and fast are GNCC tracks? I kinda want to race, but ima get my *** handed to me if its anything like a harescramble track. Ill prob go anyways even if i dont race.

Bush0102
04-09-2006, 08:01 PM
i went last year and had a ton of fun. it had rained for like a solid week and the place was flooded, the mx track was underwater, but the track looked pretty cool. i walked back in the woods, it looked pretty challenging, but the wide uphill straightaway right after the finish line looked like a ton of fun....you should race in the first year racer class and just have some fun...i'll seeya there

prepracing
04-09-2006, 08:19 PM
majority of GNCC tracks ( including Loretta's) are more open than local harescamble races. Last year at Loretta's was kind of a bummer with all the water we did not get to run the motorcross track and high speed sections over by the creek. But you should definitly run it if you have the chance. Trails pretty wide open and don't worry about the motorcross track because all the jumps are pretty much rounded over ( not sharp where you would launch like in the MX races there ) and its a blast. Plus the fact that Loretta's usually has the highest quad turnout of the year ( only one that might be bigger is the Ironman ) and also has huge spectator turn out if the weather is nice.

04-09-2006, 10:47 PM
i'll be at lorettas GNC and GNCC. always fun to see Bush there :ermm: i actually want to race the GNCC this year. how do you go about signing up?

:blah:

400exrules
04-10-2006, 05:39 PM
either way i want ballance, borich, and yokley's autograph...those guys are faster then i could ever dream of being

04-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
either way i want ballance, borich, and yokley's autograph...those guys are faster then i could ever dream of being u havent seen me

division4thor
04-10-2006, 10:43 PM
bump

xcracer416
04-11-2006, 10:59 AM
ill be there, did you race in the memphis motorcycle club series? if you did lorettas isnt anything like that, nothing is as tight as saulsbury or slayden. i raced memphis series the last 4 years and got second in pro points last year. trust me you will have a ball at lorettas.

400exrules
04-11-2006, 03:02 PM
yah i wrecked at slayden right off the line 2 weeks ago, and i raced at saulsbury sunday. It was pretty fun but that track was tuff as hell. Hardest thing i ever rode. Their were like 30+ quads at slayden, but only 5 of us at saulsburry, idk why. They say its the hardest track they have and some guys wussed out. I got stuck in a bad rutted out mud hole, and had problems with a few hills. It made me want a dirtbike
the guys at saulsbury said after racing lorettas, i will hate the harescramble series lol.

how is it at lorettas? cuz after my wreck at slayden, im not one to rush out and try to get the holeshot cuz i dont wanna get run over again. How long is the race, and is it ok to take it easy at the start and pass people later, cuz i get too nervous when were all bunched up at the start and everyones runnin into each other. is their enough room for passing? how hard is the track?

04-11-2006, 07:55 PM
the lorettas track isnt very hard but it is VERY crowded. u will want to be careful on the start cuz it gets dangerous....here it is in '05, first pic is second turn after start so you can see the magnitude of people in one class

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/p5459450fa5e57adebf96a038e0a8ccd6/f4466e6c.jpg

yah im a loser....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid167/p845aadbb96ef4bb93e3a8deafea851d1/f4369c38.jpg

borich and I
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid166/pb1985a78d4d0f391e10de012c2aac355/f4466e84.jpg

400exrules
04-11-2006, 09:23 PM
great, i hate crowded starts, i have a fear of starts for some reason. I hate the idea of all these people around me just haulin *** and not caring to slow down, colliding into me....plus all those open tires turning, one tire hooks another.......ouchies. ill prob wuss out and be the last one into the woods like always

i heard this track has one of the biggest quad turnouts of all

Huzler
04-12-2006, 07:58 AM
im gonna be there and it will be my firts harescramble so wish me luck

xcracer416
04-12-2006, 10:52 AM
you will hate memphis after lorettas, i always want the holeshot at lorettas b/c of all the bottle necks that can occur any anytime and any place. from out of know where a bottle neck will happen in the morning classes. now that ive moved to the afternoon classes its not as bad but rough. when i raced c class at lorettas 4 years ago i ran the whole race with my tounge hagning the ground and still got 21st place, but there was 84 people in c class. my advice would be to run your ***** off the hole 2 hours.

400exrules
04-12-2006, 01:28 PM
do u race the memphis series often? are you racing may 7th at somerville?
and what do you think about saulsbury? isnt it their hardest track, cuz i hope the rest are easier then it, i had trouble there

xcracer416
04-12-2006, 03:35 PM
i will probally run somerville. this is my first year in about 5 years not to run the series every race. saulsbury is a nice track its usually not marked good for us pros. we get lost there most of the time or blow turns, ect.... somerville is about like slayden.

400exrules
04-12-2006, 03:40 PM
i didnt ride slayden cuz i wrecked the first turn, but is somerville easy? lots of hills?

harescrambles
04-12-2006, 05:38 PM
I will probably be there, it's always lots of fun and is good practice.