PDA

View Full Version : Boging again!

TheBlasterMan
04-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Well i have another issue, my brand new hone 450r is bogging again. I swamped it a wile ago, changed the oil 7 times, drained the gas tank and cleand out the airbox. It bogged every now and then so i cleaned it again along with the carborator. Now it bogs down when under load whenever i hammer the gas in neutral it is fine,but it bogged down a little. When i hammer the gas in gear it bogs down until i let off the gas. I can only get it to rev in gear when i slowly giveit gas alowing it to slowly rev, yet it revs nearly fine in neutral. I have an uni air filter. The last time I cleaned the carborator, i just took the float bowl out, cleaned that, blew all the jets out with compresed air, and put it together, it ran fine for 3 rides after that. What should i do? I got it a month ago and its a 2005.

woodsman250r
04-09-2006, 05:58 PM
I had the same problem with mine and found out that the cause was because of the gas. The vent hose that runs down into the stem is huge and the stem collects water dirt and mud inside of it that goes into the vent hose. Try taking out the vent hose and zip tieing it to the outside of the stem and drain the gas, clean the carb bowl and jets and you should be ok. If you have ever hit a puddle hard or stood your bike up on its back to clean it, then odds are you got some kind of junk in your gas that finds its way into the jets in the carb.

wckedclownz69
04-09-2006, 06:33 PM
i have the same prob and mines an 05 and it rode fine yesterday and now everytime i go to hit the throttle it just bogs.. fine in neutral

TheBlasterMan
04-09-2006, 07:01 PM
there must be a problem going on

woodsman250r
04-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by wckedclownz69
i have the same prob and mines an 05 and it rode fine yesterday and now everytime i go to hit the throttle it just bogs.. fine in neutral

Its because there is dirt in your main jet or carb bowl. Just try what I said with the gas vent hose in the stem and clean everything. Should be fine after that.

wckedclownz69
04-10-2006, 08:23 AM
ok i think u r right cuz i drained the carb and it ran better and thanx ill try your idea ... why can't i cut the gas hose thing just wonderin???

woodsman250r
04-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by wckedclownz69
ok i think u r right cuz i drained the carb and it ran better and thanx ill try your idea ... why can't i cut the gas hose thing just wonderin???

No...take the vent house out of the stem and just ziptie it to the stem under the hood of the front plastic. Then after you did that drain the old gas, carb bowl and clean your main jet. This should cure the problem. What happens is junk gets sucked into the gas cap vent hose while being down into the stem causing the carb bowl and main jet to get dirt in it causing it to run like garbage once you push it past 1/2 throttle.