PDA

View Full Version : i REALLLLY Need ur opinions!! PLEASE!!!

atvRiDa400ex
04-09-2006, 05:16 PM
hey guys i am a rider that goes to Penguitch utah and almost everywhere down here in Vega$! my dad said i should get an aftermarcket exhaust for down here in nevada and keep my stock for up in utah (elevation of 8,500 ft), and switch them out everytime i need to....but if i were to switch them what things would i have to do????? and also what after market exhaust should i get for down here in nevada??? i have an 02' 400ex all opinions appreciated thx!

DOHC
04-09-2006, 05:25 PM
u will have to change ur jetting, and i recomend a e series ;)

atvRiDa400ex
04-09-2006, 05:28 PM
yea im gunna tell my dad to get me a e-series! is jetting just the needle in the hole in the carb???? (first pipe sorry)

patches85
04-09-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm confused! Why would you want to keep changing pipes?

atvRiDa400ex
04-09-2006, 05:48 PM
see...because right now the stock pipe runs good down here in nevada and up in utah...but when i get an after market pipe all of that will change! it might run good down her and might run good up there and because the altitude is soooo much higher that good chance its not gunna run! so he said get an after market pipe for down here in nevada and when we go up to utah put the stock back on so i dont have to rejet it all of the time!

S*** i dunno what to do...

450r51
04-09-2006, 06:23 PM
y does everyone say e-series, that pipe isnt even good.

get a non-quiet core pipe like the yoshi, lrd, , nmotion, tc, hmf, white bros carbon pro.

A A R O N
04-09-2006, 06:34 PM
I wouldn't waste your money with the e-series. Go for a GT Thunder full system (my personal favorite), or a nice lrd, tc, yoshi, etc..as stated above. As far as rejetting, i would say your two best options are:

1. Buy a second carb. Jet one for where you live and one for where you ride in utah. Then it's not a matter of rejetting but simply swapping the carb out, hooking up the fuel line and air boots and going.

2. Possibly try "Dial-A-Jet". It lets you adjust your jetting with a little knob that is part of the system you install in your stock carb. Kind of an on the fly sort of deal, although i dont have any experience with one.

Whatever you do, dont buy two exhausts, or an e-series.

atvRiDa400ex
04-09-2006, 07:57 PM
hey aaron can i get a site for that Dial-a-JET thing!! THX for ur help!!

A A R O N
04-09-2006, 08:13 PM
Hey, i pm'd you back. It looks like it's gonna run about $75 for one for a 400ex, but for some reason, i thought i remember seeing them for around $30 on ebay. Just look around for a good deal on one.

atvRiDa400ex
04-09-2006, 09:13 PM
hey yea i got it i just was showing it to my dad downstairs!! well i have the money but im saving up for an Akraix atv graphic kit and i guess ill add this into it!! but ur a HUGE help thanks!

A A R O N
04-10-2006, 07:19 AM
Anytime i can help:)