PDA

View Full Version : Horsepower of a Utility quad?

rattydawg
04-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Anyone know what the stock HP of a 400-500cc Uitlity quad? I am particularly intersted in the Eiger and Vinson. I have not found any info on these in any magazine or online. Thanks in advance!

Mobile Dyno
04-09-2006, 08:14 PM
I do ALOT of utilities. 450's put down 13-14hp at the rear wheel and the 500's do 15-17hp. Here is a graph of a Vinson I did but it has a HMF, Jet kit and I dialed it in. This bike stock would be aroung 16. A pipe really wakes up the TQ on these not the Hp.

rattydawg
04-10-2006, 07:07 AM
Thanks, Mobile Dyno! I was hoping you would chime in, I figured if anyone knew, it would be you. I new to the ATV world (I switched over from dirtbike mostly 250cc 2 strokes) I my wife has an Ozark which I ride along with my daughter on her 90cc. The Ozark is decent but really lacks the umph. I am not looking for a rocket but something that will haul a big guy up the hills and through the trails.

Mobile Dyno
04-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Not a problem, That's what I'm here for. Have a question just ask:) . If your not looking to go over 500cc then the Vinson is a great bike for you. I have done ride tests on it to and it is an Awesome puller. It has all the features. If you were a mudder I would say get the Manuel Shift but for trail riding the Auto is fine. It will be a good bike for you with the power. Like I all ways tell people, go to the dealer and rider one, feel it out and make sure YOU feel good with how it feels.

If cc is no option then go with the Brute Force 750 or the New BRP800. Those are the mose powerful. I like HP:D

LTZ400rider
06-25-2006, 07:16 PM
wow i didnt realize how lame ute power was! i guess they lose all the power thru the tranny and drive train. i bet they put out 30 percent more at the crank