PDA

View Full Version : wet 250EX

J_RIZO
04-09-2006, 02:40 PM
hello guys, I'm new to this forum and i really need some help. My '05 250ex was run into a shallow resevoir and was obviously soaked. I changed oil and spark plug, and i got it started, but i dont want to run it until i know that it will be ok. My question for you guys is what else should i do/check to make sure I won't damage it further (besides not running it into resevoirs...) Thanks....

2004exrider
04-09-2006, 03:40 PM
Just keep changing the oil in it until it isnt white any more. Fill it up and let it run for a minute, turn it off check it and just keep repeating that until its a normal color.

Jimmy

04-09-2006, 10:57 PM
drain and put new gas in it :eek2:

dry air filter

1987 trx350x
04-14-2006, 06:15 PM
drain the gas, dry and re oil filter, then turn the kill switch off and kick over about 50 kicks or crank the starter for about 1 minute(make sure you have another power source besides the battery), after that change the oil and you should be good to go.

Iliketogofast
04-15-2006, 07:22 AM
Make absolutely positive that the oil has no tint. Change it until it comes out just like it went in.

Even after you do this it will smoke for a while until all the water is out of the jug. Just change the oil, run it a little, repeat.

You might want to start it and let it idle to circulate the oil, then just nail it to get the water out for a second.