PDA

View Full Version : Shock question

killed300ex
04-09-2006, 02:31 PM
Wondering what you gain from having rezzies either remote or piggy back. Most of the riding i do is trails/ some high speed but never jump or race. Are they really wirth the extra $.
Evan

JW450R1
04-09-2006, 05:29 PM
my opinion is that after market shocks with arms give u more travel,which gives u longer shocks.when u have piggies,or remotes ressies.they just help give some extra oil when jumping.trail riding they might suck up a lot of bumps and ruts,which will pull u threw all the bad spots easier.

quader400
04-09-2006, 06:43 PM
rezzies hold oil for cooling. piggy backs would hold less than remote rezzies because the remote rezzies hold even more oil in the lines going from the shock to the rezzie itself. i would say they are worth the money because there will be less shock fatigue

400exMO
04-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Just about the only thing you'll gain from rezzies is less shock fade. Which is a good thing. The piggybacks have a harder time of moving the oil through the lines than piggybacks, and they're harder to remove, more hassle, gotta buy clamps. It's worth the money, and they look a ton better with rezzies. Here's a pic of piggybacks.

killed300ex
04-09-2006, 07:32 PM
will you really notice the shock fade if your not taxing out your suspension all the time running trails? Would think it would be more of an mx problem where your suspension takes a beating.
Evan

400exMO
04-09-2006, 09:33 PM
Depends on how smooth you and the trail are. I know I can tell significant fade on the stockers nearly immediately just running trails. The elkas take a long time to fade when I'm mxing and I can't tell that they even fade when I'm in the trails.