PDA

View Full Version : 14tooth sprocket

BARRY
07-31-2002, 12:21 AM
what should i expect out of a 14t sprocket compared to stock gearing on a 400ex.which do you guys like best.and why?:devil :devil

Tango
07-31-2002, 02:12 AM
Barry, I just bought a renthal 14 tooth sprocket. The reason I bought it, is because I'm going to race on a tight track. After installing it, I absolutely love it! It didn't take away as much of the gearing, as I thought it would. The bike definitely has more pull. I would strongly suggest getting it.

wicked_silver
07-31-2002, 05:36 AM
I just got a 14 tooth sprocket from Moose, I'll put on today, I need the gearing to crawl around the hills out here. My buddy has a heavily modded 99' 400ex and I hope I can gain on him a little, Later ya'll.

TravEX
07-31-2002, 03:53 PM
i puy my 14T on 2 weekends ago,,,i LOVE IT!!!!,,,it feels stronger, it's alot quicker, and (others may disagree) i don't feel that it hurt my top end at all,,,i remeasured my tires and recalibrated my speedo the same day i put the 14T on, so i can't say what mine would do before and after as far as mph goes,,,later, Trav

07-31-2002, 07:09 PM
i have a 14t sprocket, i love it, combined with bigger tires than stock, it wil wheelie out of n e corner when i want it 2. if u get scared, and dont like 2 wheelie, then get smaller rear tires 2, u wont wheelie near as much, but i definantly suggest gettin bigger tires with it so u dont loose top end unless u never ride in straight aways

Sparks425Ex
07-31-2002, 07:29 PM
Hey LRDRIDER1

You seem to be mistaken. If you get a 14t sproket you with hvae more torque. BUt once you put on Bigger Tires you will Have less Torque and if you put on Smaller Tires you with have more torque.

You said smaller tires make you have less torque. No flame intended justt makin sure people knew that what you said was not correct.

07-31-2002, 07:44 PM
i wasnt talking about bigger tires more tourque, smaller tires no tourque, im talking about wheeling,i agree with u, smaller tires more tourque, im jus saying that i have riden my 400 with the 14t sprocket with 21' mudsharks, and it wheelies very esy, u have 2 learn how 2 control the front end from popping up, i also have a set of 18' turftamers, when i have those tires on, i hardly ever have 2 worry about it wheeeling in the exit of a corner, it does pull harder, but does not wheelie