PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Sand Mountain (NV) this weekend? (Aug 3/4)

RobG
07-30-2002, 11:54 PM
Anybody from here going to be at Sand Mountain this coming weekend (Aug 3-4)?

I'll be there, and so will be two guys I met there last weekend. One has a yellow '02 400EX and the other has a red 250R (year unknown) that he resurrected from parts.

It'd be cool to get an EX or even just a Honda contingent going. 'Course on Sunday a friend will be showing up with his Raptor and Warrior, but that's okay. He's a friend, so we'll forgive him. :)

If anybody goes, look for a silver Dodge RAM dually with a Lance camper on it. Come by and say Hi or just look for me on the trails. I'm the one with the white open/closed face helmet.

I hope to be there by 4 PM on Friday.

Rob

Crowdog
07-31-2002, 10:49 PM
Rob,

I'll be there on Sunday about noon. Just coming out solo with my truck (Ford crew cab) and my 400ex. I'll be parking with some friends near the 1st bathrooms.

Jon

RobG
07-31-2002, 10:59 PM
Jon:

I'll watch for you! I'm hoping to make camp around that same area... a little bit past and a little bit to the west of the road, but otherwise in the same area.

Seeya.

Rob

Crowdog
08-01-2002, 09:04 AM
Rob,

Stop by and see Jeff & Cindy Buck. They are there now, and will be there until next Wednesday. They have a sand jeep, a bunch of quads and tons of kids with them. They have a new triple axle trailer with "Redneck Racin" on the side.

They help quite a bit with Friends of Sand Mountain.

When are you leaving on Sunday to come home?

Weather looks great - 90!

Jon

RobG
08-01-2002, 09:29 AM
I probably won't get out of there until 4-5 PM. The goal last time (two weekends ago) was to get away by 1 PM but it was a three hour process of getting my flatbed car trailer un-stuck from the loose sand. It involved unloading my camper and then sled-pulling it out with the truck (2700 RPM in 1st gear in 4-Low while only moving about 6" per minute), then loading it back up again.

Since then I got a new quad trailer that weighs literally 1/5 as much that won't get me stuck. :)

I'll look for Jeff & Cindy. There was a 5th wheel there parked right off the road near the first restrooms that had a bunch of quads. I also remember a sand jeep (not a sand rail, right?) but it was farther up toward the second restrooms.

I'm looking forward to the trip! It's just awesome out there.

Rob