PDA

View Full Version : Bah, burning oil on start up...

ZeroLogic
04-08-2006, 09:20 PM
When I start my 300ex up now it burns oil. But when it warms up it dosen't burn oil anymore. When shes warming up it smokes a lot. I just rebuilt the engine a few months ago. I broke it in the right way. I put in a new pistion, rings, rockers and a stock OEM cam. It is ticking really loud too, but it always did. The rockers were set correctly and adjusted to Honda specs. Any idea whats going on? Its basically a stock motor execpt for a Curtis Sparks exhaust.

below100hz
04-08-2006, 09:52 PM
did you replace the valve seals when you had it rebuilt? they can leak oil into the cylinder when it sits and then it gets burnt off when you start it up, im not sure what the ticking is, mine was doing that alot and it just got worse and eventually my bike burned more oil than gas, that was the rings making me burn oil on mine tho

Aceman
04-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Have you rechecked your valve clearances? With new parts you might get some wear in changing your valves clearances.

ZeroLogic
04-08-2006, 10:47 PM
Bump. The valve seals were replaced also. The valve clearances was check before engine brake in and after. They were fine. This happened before with my brothers 250x, It would smoke a lot while warming up then stop. Then smoke while it was being ran a little bit, then got worse and worse.:ermm:

ZeroLogic
04-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Bump...

Could it bun oil because it had to much oil in it? Any help at all would be great.:macho

ZeroLogic
04-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Bump...