PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Close

Huzler
04-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Is there anyone close to West Plains MO that races Harescrambles??? i wanna get started but then again i dont know everything and might need some help and dont wanna look stupid in 2 weeks so any help would be appricated

THANKS
Justin

geogeorge
04-08-2006, 07:08 PM
what would you like to know. Everyone here would be willing to help out. just let us know what it is you would like to know.

besides the only one that really looks stupied is Johnny but we like him anyway

Huzler
04-08-2006, 07:59 PM
LOL thanks that helps, just have little questions i guess, like have a pit crew or something for gas, and questions bout my quad,and i guess im just nervous, but hanks for being so nice and tryin to help, oh and u know little ridding tips and such

geogeorge
04-08-2006, 08:02 PM
gas is on the right, cluch is on the left don't hit the trees.

Now for real. what kind of quad? What kind of tires do you have?
what if anything have you done to your quad? What kind of riding do you do now?

lets start with that and see how we can all help you out.

Huzler
04-08-2006, 08:06 PM
ok quad is in my sig just a pipe, jetted and the airbox lid is off, and ride trails and dirt roads, usually we ride at a faster pace on trails but not real fast because could be others out riding them, just want to be good and fsat but dont know where i could go ride to "practice" like balls to the wall trails, know what i mean??

geogeorge
04-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Huzler
ok quad is in my sig just a pipe, jetted and the airbox lid is off, and ride trails and dirt roads, usually we ride at a faster pace on trails but not real fast because could be others out riding them, just want to be good and fsat but dont know where i could go ride to "practice" like balls to the wall trails, know what i mean??

Ok. Now a GNCC track is a little wider then say a MHSC track but still they are not as wide as say fire road. Also they get wooped out fast and bad. You will also have lots of rock, up hills and you never know what they will through in on you. So balls to the wall is not always the best. Smart studie and careful will do better.

Your quad. You might wont to put the airbox lid back on. If it rains water could kill your day, they will run you in a creek if ther is one and if its wet out your out of the race fast. So lid on and check your jetting with the lid on.

You will wont good tires. I run ITP but Razers are also good. 6ply tires and tube the fronts or run slim in them. Flats are a problem.

Nerf bars if you don't have them and a killswitch on the quad.

You might need to stop but it will be close. If youhve never raced before run a morning class. A stock tank could make 2 hours but get a gal mike jug. use it as a gas can and pit. you can crush the jug and get the gas in fast and that should do it for you.

The tighter the woods you cna find to ride in now the better. get fast inthe realy tight stuff will help you out.

They most important thing is come not so much to win but to have fun. If its not fun then why do it. Speed and winning comes with time fun should come first.

now can you run for 2 hours nonstop? it gets bad on the track, whooped out and all. so try a spot that has whoops and just keep running over them time and time again untill you can't take it anymore then do it five more times.

any more questions please feel freeto ask. JUST REMEMBER.......HAVE FUN FIRST.

Huzler
04-09-2006, 12:19 PM
Thanks man, the fun was a given if im on my quad its fun even when things dont go right. but i need some nerfs and to put on my kill switch. and thanks for the milk jug idea, and i dont know where and whooped out trails are here just moved back and cant ride in place i use to. but thanks again if i have a question i'll ask someone

millphoto
04-10-2006, 07:26 PM
I live about 20 miles from ya in mountain view. Here's my email

millphoto@townsqr.com

IrideMHSC
04-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Hey Im from Pomona Mo and Me and my Dad both race so if you need anything just get ahold of us and we'll help ya if we can

-Brian

sealman_6@hotmail.com

Huzler
04-11-2006, 11:16 AM
well do you 2 have trails around that you can ride at?? and either one of you goin to the Loretta Lynn Gncc??

IrideMHSC
04-11-2006, 03:37 PM
well we have a couple we have neighbors that have some decent trails and we could ride them any time and of course we could get together with tim miller and go ridin when ever he has a chance. No we arent goin to loretta lynns but we are goin to the one in seymore

sparky76
04-11-2006, 03:52 PM
i've only ran 2 hairscrambles but I learned a couple things. Buy a good swingarm skidplate, and don't worry about the balls to the walls thing. You won't make 1 lap at that pace. Just run a comfortable/mistake free pace and watch the others drop out. If you're able to stand up after the race after running with 400ex stock shocks....i'd buy you a beer!

geogeorge
04-11-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by sparky76
i've only ran 2 hairscrambles but I learned a couple things. Buy a good swingarm skidplate, and don't worry about the balls to the walls thing. You won't make 1 lap at that pace. Just run a comfortable/mistake free pace and watch the others drop out. If you're able to stand up after the race after running with 400ex stock shocks....i'd buy you a beer!

Sparky I need to talk with you. Are you going to the GNCC or Kahoka Race? I need you help with something.
Thanks
Geoff

Huzler
04-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks have to pass on a beer but and amaretto and OJ would be nice and wish me luck on the shocks on a budget and just bought wheels and tires, and a used grab bar, and chest protector, and thinking bought some boots, so budget is rough

sparky76
04-11-2006, 08:33 PM
i think boots would definetly be a must.