PDA

View Full Version : 06 control removel

fatkid400
04-08-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm trying to remove the controls on the bars(start button/light switch) im using a dirt bike kill switch as the start button,and i'm leaving the key in, and im tieing in a tether kill switch(pro design).
I had it done this morning and everything was fine.even rode it around the yard a little.went back out a couple hours later and its blowing the 15 watt fuse in back by the battery,i didnt change anything just tried to start it.why is this happening? Ive checked all my splices and they look good.any ideas were else a dead short could be hiding? If anybody has done this post how you did it including what wires you spliced together.any help will be greatly appreciated.thanks

bananas
04-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Something must have gotten pinched. Check again.

4ABURN
04-08-2006, 05:39 PM
the kill switch for a start button might be a place to look.:eek2:

313racing
04-08-2006, 07:37 PM
yeah sounds like it shorting out against a piece of metal and tripping your fuse
maybe some of wire coating came off and its rudding somewhere???
just my opinion hope it helped somehow
:)

fatkid400
04-09-2006, 04:15 AM
Im just hoping it didnt burn thruogh back further in the harness somwhere,I would hate to tare the complete harness off and start cutting it apart just to find on melted litle wire!I'm afraid thats were it is, I cant find antyhing where else. I've every inch of the harness up front where ive spliced an cant find anything:mad: I'll check it again and cross my fingers.:D

wanna_be_ridn
04-09-2006, 10:33 AM
i did the same thing your doing now, and everything went ok, so like they said u prolly just got a wire touchin a ground...

fatkid400
04-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Ya,I think I found the problem.The kill switch I'm using is the wrong kind,it's a cr kill which is a direct ground to the bars.the kind I need is off a yz.

Thanks for your help everyone.

rwhitley
04-10-2006, 01:47 PM
hey i was goin through the same thing. it was my starter switch. i took eletrical tape wrapped it around the bars where my start button mounts. then mounted the switch back up, and no problems. i have been there before. i was pissed then i found it. good luck

fatkid400
04-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Yep, samething here. problem solved:D Well that 1 anyway,Know my key is screwed up it shuts off my lights but not the motor:grr: The only way to shut off the motor is to pull my tether. I'll take care off that later.