PDA

View Full Version : Makin Custom Air Scoops...

Striker49
07-30-2002, 10:14 PM
... instead of buying em for $30 and I dont imagine anyone makes em for a 250ex anyways. Im just bored, and as hard as I run the thing they would help sometimes. Im havin to use roofing tin for the time being b/c I have nothing else and i know they wont hold up for very long but we shall see. Im gonna paint em over with Gray Krylon to better match my frame. Im not sure this will even work but Im gonna try. Ill get some pix if it all works out good. Haha, wish me luck.

Later,

OutlawEX
07-30-2002, 11:09 PM
Ya man get some pics,i want to see them

Tommy 17
07-31-2002, 09:27 AM
just make sure they actually get air over the motor and don't push air away makin it run hotter;)

Striker49
07-31-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 400ex21
just make sure they actually get air over the motor and don't push air away makin it run hotter;)

Ive got some ideas on how im gonna do it...and yes, i know how to angle them towards the motor...lol. :D
Once I make em and get them ready to put on im gonna put somin on them to reinforce them. I have some lukabond(sp?) that I may try to line the outside of it with and then Im gonna Krylon them to match the frame. :cool: Ill let you all know if they turn out, I still have to get ahold of a pair of tin snips first. Im not sure if these things will even hold but we will see.