PDA

View Full Version : Majestic Trails, PA......anyone been there???

dirtybird1
04-08-2006, 04:04 PM
I am in NY and am taking a trip with a couple of buddies to Majestic Trails in a few weeks. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever been there, how are the trails, I heard they have a small mx track.

cdrookie
04-14-2006, 01:59 AM
nice place

small mx track but fun

trails are well marked, some rough areas but nothing too crazy.

adinocr7
04-14-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm actually going down there April 28th through 29th. I've heard nothing but good things. I guess there is a lot of off camber trails and its intermediate through advanced riding all the way. There is a section where about every 100 feet or so there are these irrigation ditches you have to jump. Fun stuff but not a place for beginners. The MX Track at the top is pretty cool; I think there is a nice table top you can sky over.

dirtybird1
04-15-2006, 12:31 PM
Yea, I saw pictures of that tabletop on there web site (www.majestictrails.com) it looks like you can hit it pretty hard. I cant wait, we are going down the weekend after you, 5/6-5/7. I saw you are also from Rochester, wher do you ride around here?

adinocr7
04-15-2006, 05:55 PM
My friends and I go to Pine Hill a lot. Its in Cohocton. Its 300 acres of some great trails. $20.00 to ride for the day. You have to be registered and insured. An older couple owns the land. We're pretty respectful too them and their land and they've always been very cool. They'll even let us know when the weather is bad down there to save us a trip. There is also a place north of Geneva; I think its hidden pines or whispering pines . . . one of the two. You have to have a trail pass and then its $5.00 every time you want to ride. Pretty decent trails and some straight shots a long side some fields.

dirtybird1
04-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Sounds cool, but none of the people I ride with have insurance, we are all registerd though. That is the one good thing about majestic trails, you dont need insurance or registration. We ride most of the time in Hilton, sometimes out twords Brockport, Clarendon area. Have you ever been to Batava's tt track?

adinocr7
06-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Had a chance to ride Majestic around a month ago. Miles and miles of trails. Its definetely for a more advanced rider and probably a good idea to get some saddle time in before going down there. The one difference between a lot of other places I've ridden at is there are irrigation ditches about every 100 feet or so. And this is for just about every trail there. The irrigation ditches are around 2 - 3 feet high and can sometimes be a little steep. Good riding but will take a toll on your body . . . and more so on your machine.

If you want the same quality of trails and good riding Copper Ridge in Olean NY is great. Some really good hill climbs, challenging trails but without any irrigation ditches. I'd take Copper Ridge any day of the week.

400EXBill
06-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Majestic is a fun place to ride. I've been there several times. The track is fun. It has a couple good table tops. Here's a couple pics:

http://www.FullThrottleAssault.com/album_mod/upload/100_0116.jpg

http://www.FullThrottleAssault.com/album_mod/upload/100_0114.jpg

Here is roughly about how the track goes:

Starting on the side from the trail...

Two small jumps
Banked turn to the left
Small tabletop (8'-10')
Banked turn to the right
Medium tabletop (10'-12') with steep launch lip
Banked turn to the left
Medium jump past the oil well
Small tabletop
Big Tabletop (30' maybe)
Left turn banked switchback
Medium tabletop (15'-20')
Sharp banked turn to the right
Small double (washed out almost to a table top)
Sharp banked turn to the left
Two small jumps
Straight away

Repeat...

Trails are as easy or as hard as you want them to be really. All of them loop back around with an easy and a hard way to go. They are all marked accordingly so you can't get lost. The irragation ditches make the trails really fun if your jumping them on a sport quad. They can get to be a pain on a utility. They also have a concession stand with food and drink that is donations only. The owners are really cool and they take good care of the trails and track. There is also plenty of parking for trailers. They have port-a-potties for the restroom breaks. They also have camping available for something like $5.00 a night if you are a member. Yearly memberships are $40.00 for unlimited riding.

I've heard of Copper Ridge before and have been meaning to check it out. Living in Erie, PA, Olean, NY isn't really that much farther for me than Majestic. Do they have a website?

dirtybird1
06-16-2006, 07:15 PM
i finally got to go there, I cant wait to go back. some of the trails are pretty trickey.

dirtybird1
06-16-2006, 07:16 PM

dirtybird1
06-16-2006, 07:17 PM
s

liloldbie
06-28-2006, 05:51 PM
I'm up there every now and then with my dads friends and children, who are about 18. It's a fun place to ride, the track is good for just messing around on and the trails always seem to keep me entertained. My favorite trail on a wet day is the one that leads behind the pond at the camping site and down and back to the main road, very muddy and messy. If anyone wants to meet up over there just let me know.

jakslap
08-03-2006, 10:58 AM
Been to Majestic--worth a trip down there....
Cuba is pretty good, too (it's a trailpass trail).
Copper Ridge is having a dice run on 8/26.

Have you been to the track in Lyons?

dirtybird1
08-17-2006, 06:51 PM
I have never been to the track in Lyons, only the one in Batavia. I raced the track last year havent made it up there this year though.

the moose321
08-19-2006, 08:09 PM
deos anyone know of a place to ride in ohio, im deprived