PDA

View Full Version : Weather is getting Nice Im getting ready

Mike Steel
04-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Whats up , sorry I havent been on here in a while , I was just getting everything ready to go. The nice weather is basicly here I got a way to get me and my quad around and so does my friend . Well probably be heading to maybrook again but we are still looking for anyone with their own property to ride on closer to NYC . Good to see you all again. Mike

jordan_m6
04-08-2006, 03:13 PM
i cant wait to ride. eventhough i cant. i have to replace gaskets, and fix stripped bolts before i can ride.

just did a piston and cam install and the head gasket ripped so i had to put the stock one back on. did that just to break it in.

Mike Steel
04-08-2006, 03:53 PM
I hear that and hope all the fixin goes well , and as had as it may seem to do try and go easy a first . As for myself I am ready to roll this year and plan on making the most out of this season. My 04 400ex is all stock and hasnt failed me yet, my YZ125 is old and ready to roll in the tight spots and I just got myself the VersaHaul atv carrier for the back of my Grand Cherokee and I will never trailer again its ***in sweet to have the quad on the back of my jeep with no worries of flats or toll fees for extra axle and plus I can go on any road parkway or whatever. Its expensive but worth every penny. Im looking for people that live in the NYC area that are looking to ride , make a few trips and ...well ride! If you live in the NYC area or anywhere close and have a place to ride or just looking to ride let me know . The Just Ride OHV club of Brooklyn is going to be hitting every local spot and then some. Lets make this season sweet and safe when possible ;)

jordan_m6
04-08-2006, 04:25 PM
yea the boys have been hard at work on our buddies track he made. they added a couple more doubles i think a 20' tripple, and some other fun stuff. not to mention some huge amount of trails.

Mike Steel
04-08-2006, 04:36 PM
thata what Im talking about ! Nice to live whre there is som land huh?I live in Brooklyn NYC where it is illegal to ride anwhere basicly unless ou own land and there ist any " Land" Like that around. My club used to have 17 acres in Staten Island but the land owner sold after he got a pice offer that doubled since we got use of the land. Basicly the best advice I could give you is Rent a BOBCAT the small one and with a little work and some friends you can have a sweet place to ride in a few weeks. But if you ask me I would take your place to ride with no cops chasin us in a sec! Great to see that not everywhere is it so hard to find a place to ride! How far are you from NYC maybe we can plan a trip down to you , Ride and help you out if we can.

jordan_m6
04-09-2006, 04:01 PM
dont have to rent the guy owns a bobcat. but he rents it out. All this guy does is ride he rents his bobcat out for 300 a day and that covers his living cost and every atv that yamaha makes. he has all 04 model. but he also paid a horrible price for all this.

i live in illinois close to st. louis.

Mike Steel
04-09-2006, 08:08 PM
My DREAM COME TRUE!

flip73
04-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Hey Mike, hope all's well. We gotta hook up at Maybrook sometime this spring. I sent my top end out to get ported and clean the bore up a little, should be back and running in 3 or 4 weeks - I hope! Getting some new reeds, single carb intake, adj. timing plate, Noss head, and some other stuff while I'm at it. It's going to rip when I get it back togehter. Maybe sometime early May or so, keep in touch.

Later bud

Mike Steel
04-10-2006, 11:38 PM
Whats up Flip Sounds like your beast will be well worth the wait and definitly let me know when you want to meet up a Maybrook I have a way to get me and the quad around so I am ready to go when you are.