PDA

View Full Version : New Job

antman
04-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Well i am really happy today. iI had an interview for a new job and got hired. I havent been happy at the store i am curently working at for a long time and i am finally going to quit tomarrow. I am really happy cause not only am i going to be working at a brand new store that is opening in may but i am going to be making $7.50 per hour as opposed to $6.00! I have been trying to get promoted where i am at and to get a raise but they keep telling me "no" and that there "no promotions available" so i am leaving them and oving to there competitor.

Well I just figured i would share my good news ...

theTman
04-08-2006, 12:14 PM
what are you going to be doing at the new job?

antman
04-08-2006, 12:21 PM
i use to be a bagger at a supermarket , and now i am gonna be a cashire... but this is only till the summer ... then i will hopefully be going to work full time with my dad building computers.

04-08-2006, 12:50 PM
sounds awesome ant..are you in highschool or college?

antman
04-08-2006, 01:53 PM
thanks
both kinda... i am a junior this year in high school and i go to comunity college on the side for extra highschool credit and plus college credit... its alot of work but it will pay off in the long run(atleast thats what everyone keeps telling me). plus i work about 15 hours a week but with this new job i have to work a minimum of 15 hours...

400exrules
04-08-2006, 02:08 PM
cool, i quit my $7/hr job at target last year, im hoping to get a job at home depot when i turn 18 next month. Ill start out at $10/hr. Minimum wage here is $5.50 i think

DeerNuts
04-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by antman
thanks
both kinda... i am a junior this year in high school and i go to comunity college on the side for extra highschool credit and plus college credit... its alot of work but it will pay off in the long run(atleast thats what everyone keeps telling me). plus i work about 15 hours a week but with this new job i have to work a minimum of 15 hours...

Just my very humble opinion, but all this advanced course work is pure bull****. There are a couple people I know that are in 11th grade and sit in class all awkward and never say a word... look like there gonna piss themselves even. The reason it may be important is if you're looking at a top school because it gives you an "edge". I still don't know why. Most majors, you start off with classes that are as easy as high school subjects. You take 4-6 classes each semester, and easily graduate in 4 years. So what is the point of getting 3 or 6 credits (1 or 2 classes) while you're still in high school. The courses are so elementary it's a joke.... it gives no advantage except wasted money and some more **** on your resume.

Whatever happened to high school being a time to enjoy yourself? Now it's all about setting yourself apart to go to college.

omaits
04-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by DeerNuts
Just my very humble opinion, but all this advanced course work is pure bull****. There are a couple people I know that are in 11th grade and sit in class all awkward and never say a word... look like there gonna piss themselves even. The reason it may be important is if you're looking at a top school because it gives you an "edge". I still don't know why. Most majors, you start off with classes that are as easy as high school subjects. You take 4-6 classes each semester, and easily graduate in 4 years. So what is the point of getting 3 or 6 credits (1 or 2 classes) while you're still in high school. The courses are so elementary it's a joke.... it gives no advantage except wasted money and some more **** on your resume.

Whatever happened to high school being a time to enjoy yourself? Now it's all about setting yourself apart to go to college.

I dont think it is a joke. Although I didnt take college courses during high school myself, I can definetly see how it would be an advantage. Alot of people I went to school with took college credit classes for free during high school. This saved them alot of money because if they would have taken the same class teh following year, they woudl have had to pay for it themselves. Plus, attending these classes can help you decide where you would like to go to school adn for what subject.

antman
04-08-2006, 02:44 PM
it gives me an opertunity to take calsses my school offers for one ... plus next year when i go to apply to colleges i am told that it looks really good on your transcript if you do this ... plus it helps my gpa cause the classes are all easy and the grades are weighed so its like honors highschool credit. i want to go to berkley to study nuclear engineering and that is not the easiest school to get into .. plus considering i did not have very good grades my freshman and sophmore years i can use all the help i can get.

texasame
04-10-2006, 02:25 AM
cool just dont get fired

04-10-2006, 11:42 AM
6 bucks an hour...thats horse ****.

sassynic
04-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Congrats on your new job!!:D

antman
04-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by DIFCO.
6 bucks an hour...thats horse ****.
i know but it was the only job with in walking distance from me... but i am gonna get a truck soon so now i got the better job