PDA

View Full Version : jeting Q

rancher350rider
04-08-2006, 12:12 PM
ok i got my bike running good and every thing ar first it was running lean but thats was cuz i ddint adjsut the fuel screw on the bottem of the carb but i think i did a lil to much cuz now when i got toped out and i start to slow down it turns off sum times and when its just ideling there if i dont give it gas it turns off sum times

would this mean its to lean or its geting to much gas
the ppl at hmf told me to tunr the fuel/air screw 3 times out should i do 2 and a half

IanCFitz
04-08-2006, 01:23 PM
HMF make good exhausts, but don't listen to their jetting advice.

try 2 turns out then adjust it from there + or - 1/2 a turn.

rancher350rider
04-08-2006, 01:54 PM
thanks thats what me and my mom though it was

2004exrider
04-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Stock is 2 1/4 out, so if you only had it backed out 2 turns it'd really be too lean. With the mods in my sig i tried adjusting my carb with HMF's reccomendations and it was to rich. They told me 2.5 turns out and second notch on the bottom of the needle, that thing wouldnt do a wheelie in 2nd gear, i went back to stock and it runs great again.

Jimmy

rancher350rider
04-09-2006, 09:33 AM
i didnt mess with the needel on mine it runs good tho it has alot of power but it just sum times dies out when im slowing down
like if im going WOT and then pull in the clutch and start to slow down it would turn off but this only happind 2 times so i think im good