PDA

View Full Version : Help is still needed

CaptainCanuck
04-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Hi everyone. As some of you know (this has been posted before), I set up a website for my friend's very ill dog and we still need as much help as possible. There have been donations of people off this website (400exchick and Marc from ATV Insider Magazine) and we are very grateful for them. However, the more the better.

Please, have a look at the site and if you want to donate, great. But, if you still want to contribute without donating, please, get the word out about the site. So far, we are slowly making progress and we want to reach our goal as soon as we possibly can. Thanks everyone for reading this and thanks to Harlen again for letting us post this on here.

http://www.friendforafriend.50megs.com

:)

CaptainCanuck
04-08-2006, 02:20 PM
TTT

omaits
04-08-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm not saying that this not true but it isnt very believable. For starters, mentioning what is actually wrong with the dog instead of "arthritis, stomach cancer, tumours, etc." woudl be helpful. This statement makes this entire thing very very unbelievable.

"He cannot afford to send the dog to the vet and the cost of medication for her is certainly out of the question. " <-- How does he know how much medicine is if he hasn't even taken the dog to the vet?

Also, there is no cure for old age. Maybe not mentioning that the dog is dying of old age would be worth considering. Show pics of him and his owner. The whole thing sounds made up. Using sentences like "he wants to become a Biology teacher to help contribute to the growing knowledge of younger generations" makes it sound even more desperate.

Like I said, I am not saying this isn't true, I just dont believe it. This is just a little constructive critcism so don't get all defensive.

CaptainCanuck
04-09-2006, 10:54 AM
This is what I didnt want in this thread was a flamer. If I was ripping people off, I would have just taken peoples money and run. Im a college student as well and i have better things to do with my time then to take my time to build a site and try to get it out to as many people as i can.

As for the dogs medecine, trust me, if you seen the dog and actually spent even a couple minutes with her, you would know that she is going to need a lot of treatment to help her. I have had dogs in the past when I was growing up and I know how much medecine costs for dogs. Vets are very expensive.

As for old age, the dog is only 9 years old. Yes it is old, but she shouldnt being dying from it already. I put everything that i could into that website and if people dont want to believe it, whatever. I just dont want people coming on here and telling me it isnt true because it is. The least you could have done was to just let it go and not say anything because you got nothing accomplished by doing so. I'm just trying to help my friend and i dont need people coming in here and trying to say otherwise.

miller821
04-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by CaptainCanuck
As for the dogs medecine, trust me, if you seen the dog and actually spent even a couple minutes with her, you would know that she is going to need a lot of treatment to help her. I have had dogs in the past when I was growing up and I know how much medecine costs for dogs. Vets are very expensive.
Ya, I agree... Medicine and even a visit are usually over a $100 dollars.... Even putting animals to sleep is pretty expensive.... I know we've had to put about three of our animals to sleep, and that was after trying to save two of em..... But I hope all goes well, but if the dog doesn't make it maybe that is better for it, instead of suffering.

CaptainCanuck
04-09-2006, 11:52 PM
I'm sorry to hear about that. I'm just trying to get the poor dog to the vet as soon as i can so that she can have a second chance. If i cant raise the money, i guess that would be our only option.

But i wont give up. In 2 weeks, were doing a fundraiser at the college hes at so we should be able to muster up some coin.