PDA

View Full Version : who here has xbox 360?

quads14589
04-08-2006, 08:05 AM
i was wondering if it is worth getting for how much it cost.

MOFO
04-08-2006, 08:31 AM
IMO, I think its only worth it if you have a true HDTV that can display 720P/1080i signals.

04-08-2006, 08:39 AM
Does it still cost like $900? I'm waiting until it's back down to the original $350 price tag or w/e it was.

Rdhanded2
04-08-2006, 09:15 AM
I think it is awesome that the new nintendo coming out is backwards compatible to the original NES. That is worth buying!!! My 2 buddies that have the 360 have been through 4 between them. They keep messing up and scratching discs!!

WhiteYFZ
04-08-2006, 09:15 AM
i have it.. it never cost 900.00 it was always 300.00 for the one withought the hard drive and the wireless controller.. or the 400.00 which has a hard drive and sh*t

04-08-2006, 09:27 AM
best buy here ha dlike 20 of them all over the store lying around and ****. i would never buy one again. Has ruined two of my games and so far the games pretty much suck and ive played almost all of them excpept the new ghost recon and the HDTV doesn't make that big of a deal like MOFO said.

WhiteYFZ
04-08-2006, 09:29 AM
well ghost recon is the best one... lol.. its a fact... and also battlefeild 2 demo is sik

04-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by tjespo22
well ghost recon is the best one... lol.. its a fact...

i cant go to work for a few weeks, so i rented ghost recon, its pretty awsome, but i find it reallly hard, im a poor stratagist, any tips?

WhiteYFZ
04-08-2006, 09:47 AM
well do u have online, do u have it set to hard? lol

MOFO
04-08-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
and the HDTV doesn't make that big of a deal like MOFO said.

Wow, either you never played it on a HDTV or the setup was wrong. (not using the proper cables to pass HD signals, do not have the X-box configured properly...etc)

I have played a 360 on a standard CRT TV (480i) and on my DLP HDTV (720P) and its a HUGE difference! 480i 4:3 vs 720P 16:9 is a night and day difference.

Not to mention true DD 5.1 surround sound!

Would I buy one....No. Personally I'm waiting for PS3 with blueray DVD support.

04-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
Personally I'm waiting for PS3 with blueray DVD support. i played the store display models and they all ahd those same flatscreen HDTV's im pretty sure I mean yah they were nice but I didnt think they were that big of a difference. ANYWAYS, you tell me how that PS3 is because im not buying one of those this time untill its been out for a few months. wish i would have done that with this junk 360 (and its not just my 360, my little brothers gets hot and then freezes on him all the time when he plays).

MOFO
04-08-2006, 12:04 PM
i played the store display models and they all ahd those same flatscreen HDTV's im pretty sure I mean yah they were nice but I didnt think they were that big of a difference. ANYWAYS, you tell me how that PS3 is because im not buying one of those this time untill its been out for a few months. wish i would have done that with this junk 360 (and its not just my 360, my little brothers gets hot and then freezes on him all the time when he plays).

Most of the displays I have seen are very cheap LCD panels which might be EDTV's (480P)...I agree, most displays look like crap. Most likely they are not even setup correctly.

I can assure you and anyone else, that a properly configured 360 on a quality HDTV is night and day difference from a 360 on a standard TV. Trust me. :cool:

If and when the PS3 ever comes out, I'll be sure you let you know how it is. :D

04-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Most of the displays I have seen are very cheap LCD panels which might be EDTV's (480P)...I agree, most displays look like crap. Most likely they are not even setup correctly.

I can assure you and anyone else, that a properly configured 360 on a quality HDTV is night and day difference from a 360 on a standard TV. Trust me. :cool:

If and when the PS3 ever comes out, I'll be sure you let you know how it is. :D super sweet.....ill prob. just sell this 360 on ebay pretty soon. im afraid to play it in fear of ruing another $66 game (w/taxes). i eman thats a ton of money. ive had it scratch NHL2k6 and also madden now. these games are RUINED. imma go to walmart and exchange them some day

04-08-2006, 12:37 PM
super sweet.....ill prob. just sell this 360 on ebay pretty soon. im afraid to play it in fear of ruing another $66 game (w/taxes). i eman thats a ton of money. ive had it scratch NHL2k6 and also madden now. these games are RUINED. imma go to walmart and exchange them some day My xbox scratched my brand new call of duty 2, all the way around the disc. I took it to gamestop and they gave me a new one. I took them my xbox to try to fix, and took the game to show them what it did. Well they took my xbox as a trade in and gave me a new COD, sent the other one back as deffecive:D

04-08-2006, 12:48 PM
wow...all the gamestops around here are nazi's and would never do something like that. they refuse to take a game back scratched here for an exchange, they say its your own fault everytime. only place i can buy games from and know they can be returned is walmart

WhiteYFZ
04-08-2006, 01:49 PM
microsoft has voted the samsung hdtv the best.. for 360.. (the tv that they send to game stop and all those places)

1fastR
04-08-2006, 04:27 PM
I have a 360 and it is awsome, has it hooked to a 51'' hdtv and the picture and the graphics are sweet, I have the premium one with the hard drive and wireless contoller,

If anyone has call of duty 2, look me up, me and my buddies play that all the time, my gamer tag is odster82

WhiteYFZ
04-08-2006, 05:47 PM
add me im tjespo22

u got to d/l battlefield2 and play it ... its sik