PDA

View Full Version : I Need A Sponser

quadman1889
04-07-2006, 08:33 PM
Help please, I'm a normal racing dude that needs some help to win the big races, I can't afford the $ that these parts cost...I love racing even though I have only been doing it for 1 year now, there's a good possibility that if I had the parts of any sponsor out there that I would show them how it works, what it does, and how it makes a difference on the track, and in the normal riding sessions. Also I have made purchases including the Armadillo A-arms and the Dura-Blue extended +4 axle, and these are the greatest investments that I’ve made so far. It has helped on the turns and the holeshots. If I had one of you great sponsors, it would show them how a stock quad, that gets a few parts, goes from losing in the 5th position to the 2nd, and maybe possibly 1st position this year.

I have a 2005 Raptor 350

CannondaleRider
04-07-2006, 09:21 PM
First off, it's spelt Sponsor.

Secondly, I would attempt to not "guarantee" you will win with "these parts"...say you'll try your hardest to get there name out there by trying your hardest to get on the podium at the races.

Thirdly, Results arn't everything...you could be the champion in every racing series around, and win every race you've ever entered...and I could almost guarantee you won't get any good sponsors if you don't support them professionally, and respectfully.(IE: Being extremely cocky, not being a sportsman about racing, etc. etc.)

Fourthly, the way you go about getting sponsors, is typing out a extremely organized, extremely professional Resume. With lots of different sections of information, telling the potential sponsor about your background, how you started, current sponsors(if any), results, how you will go about supporting the potential sponsor, etc, etc.

CannondaleRider
04-08-2006, 12:36 AM
.......I do believe thats why I added the " " to the word.

I know I didn't deserve ****, I just hoped somebody would enter sometime, unfortunatly, nobody did until Mesquite.

What the f*ck was I expected to do:mad:

CannondaleRider
04-08-2006, 12:42 PM
...nice, somebody says something that pisses me off, and cowardly deletes the post when he sees my reply.

scramblerracer
04-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Try sponsorhouse.com. I couldn't believe how many sponsors are there. This is the wrong time of year to be looking. Most companies list for sponsorship around thanksgiving time. Good luck!

trx400exxracer
04-08-2006, 08:51 PM
Here Is a good example of my resume for this year too late now though bro

Cameron Rogers # 48
- Request for sponsorship

Competitor: Cameron Rogers

Hometown: Eastman, Georgia

Class: Sport and Pro ATV

Race Quad/bike: 2004 400ex

Competition type: Cross Country, Endurance, Hare Scrambles

Current Series: -GCCS (Georgia Cross Country Series) – Pro and sport ATV class

Accomplishments: - GCCS 2003-2004 3rd place overall ATV sport class
-GCCC 2005 3rd place overall Pro ATV sport class
- Numerous podiums in Pro Sport ATV

Goals: To train seriously (lifting, exercising, riding.)
Focus on races and being consistent.
Represent my sponsors the best I can on and off track
Corporate Sponsor: Legacy Atv

Associate sponsors: Bearden race fuels divisions
Sunoco Race Fuels
Pro Armor
Elka

I plan to represent my sponsors well on and off track. I will wear their merchandise such as caps, shirts, shoes, etc. . . . I will place sticker and decals on transportation hauler, bike, and race equipment. I will also hang race banners in pit area. I will also list sponsors in event media such as newspaper, website point standings, and so on. Thank you very much for taking time to read my resume.

Cameron Rogers
1008 Chester Hwy.
Eastman, Georgia 31023
House- ***-***-****
Cell- ***-***-****
dcameronrogers@gmail.com
www.csrracing.net

313racing
04-09-2006, 06:44 PM
a raptor 350 really isnt all that great for racing and you have to be pretty good to be sponsored on a machine that isnt a blaster 300ex or 400ex the 450r guys are the ones most easly getting sponsors
but the guy above that showed you his resume, HE has his stuff together just use his resume as a guide line for yours
the raptors really aint a great racing machine

QUADROOKIE
04-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by 313racing
a raptor 350 really isnt all that great for racing and you have to be pretty good to be sponsored on a machine that isnt a blaster 300ex or 400ex the 450r guys are the ones most easly getting sponsors
but the guy above that showed you his resume, HE has his stuff together just use his resume as a guide line for yours
the raptors really aint a great racing machine

I dont necessarily agree with you on the machine thing. You can be competative on about any machine as long as it is what you are used to, and of course some may need a little more modifications than others, but the main thing is how you present yourself on and off the track, as well as how you support the companies that are supporting you. They are more interested in presentation than they are with podium finishes, although good finishes certainly will help with exposure.

313racing
04-09-2006, 08:20 PM
so if your a sponsor and i finish last place are you going to keep me
but i dont know how good this kid is so we'll see if he has any results from previous races???

QUADROOKIE
04-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by 313racing
so if your a sponsor and i finish last place are you going to keep me
but i dont know how good this kid is so we'll see if he has any results from previous races???

Well, if the resume was professional, and you are saying, and doing all the right things as far as promoting the product at the track, and on the forums, and doing your best, then yes. I mean obviously a racer of better ability and results, who also handles the sponsorship professionally will recieve a much higher level of sponsorship. But what I am saying is that as long as you can offer the company positive exposure, and fulfill the agreements such as race reports and displaying the sponsors co. name etc, then some sort of sponsorship will be earned, and that is a building block to bigger and better things. I am trying to encourage the kid/guy to go about it the right way and he will see results. If I come on here and say you will not get any sponsors because you race a 350 Raptor and will never do any better than last place, then what motivation does he have to try and become a better racer? My .02

CannondaleRider
04-09-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah, 313racing.....do you think that there is only one class...just pure bred race bikes.

Ever think he's racing in a class that the Raptor 350 fits in.

313racing
04-10-2006, 10:43 AM
look all im saying is that i never seen a race raptor 350
and once again i haven't seen this kid ride so i really can't judge him at all
not trying to start an arguement and all but getting sponsored does depend sometimes on what bike you have.

Raptor430
04-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Well first off, I had a Raptor 350 that was extremely built. I had over 4000 in aftermarket parts. I also put a 430 bore and stroker in it. But i would get a YFZ or 450R or LTR. I did ok with a raptor, but when i got the yfz this year, i am killing them. I'm tellin you, don't waste your money in the raptor. Wait til you get a better bike.