PDA

View Full Version : what can i do?? need help fast

fmfracing5
04-07-2006, 07:19 PM
ok im posting this in the 250r forums because i only read this section of this site and i respect alot of your opinions and informations but heres the deal ...........
Ok my day has been going horrible today first i got *****ed at by my mom hardcore and then i took off on my 4wheeler and then somebody i know asked if that 4wheeler out there was mine and i was like yea im selling it and hes like how much you want for it i was like 2800 he was like can i take it for a ride to test it out i was like shure and he was like i aint going to take off anywhere and he jumps on and takes off and leaves his car where i was and his friend and a was just hauling *** down the road topped out and i was think ohhh **** no no no, and i dont see him intill about an hour later and he siad my 4wheeler stopped running on me so we went to pick it up and as soon as i said something about it being blown up he lefted instantly and said he would be back, well he never came back and i never got my quad running, it has no compression but does kick over so it didnt lock up, my frame is bent and is noticeable from the grab bar, theres new stress marks on my plastic, it wont start, the plastic is scraped up on one side, all togeather it looks fine intill your look at it from the back then you notice the bend in the frame. so my question is what can i do about this? please no stupid *** comments this is serious

theTman
04-07-2006, 07:25 PM
not being an ***...but dont let people you dont know ride your quad

fmfracing5
04-07-2006, 07:28 PM
i did know this kid ive known since i was about 12 and im now 16

450RGNCC
04-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Well, first you need to get some of your friends together and go to this kids house and tell him whats up. He should pay for the repairs, and if he doesnt pay for them, than he should buy the quad from you, and if he doesnt do that, than you need to open up a can of whoop *****. Secondly, you cannot really know what happened to the motor until you pull it apart. If it doesnt have any compression, it prob blew a ring or he burned a hole in the piston, but you cannot tell until you investigate inside. As for the bent frame, good luck with it they can be a little hard to get straight sometimes, but im sure that you can get it pretty good, but when you bend it back you should weld in gussets because the frame will be weaker at those points. As for the plastic, he should pay you for new, no excuses. I do agree that you should not have let him ride it, but ***** happens sometimes, and this kid needs to pay for his own stupidity.

fmfracing5
04-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Well i got some good news and some bad new, we will start with the good news. The good news is that i can take the guy that messed up my 4wheeler to a small claims court, i can sue him for $3000.00 and money to fix my blaster, now the bad news if i win the court will not collect the money for me so basically the guy has to give me the money on his behalf, now if he doesnt give me the money which he deffintally will becuase i kill him, i would be pretty screwed. The good thing about small claim courts are i dont have to have a lawyer and analyst show that the same percent win w/o a lawyer as they do w/ a lawyer so i dont have to pay for a lawyer. so basically alls i have to do is take the quad to get an estimate of the price which im deff. taking to the dealer ship(more expensive) then i have to take pictures of the damage, then i have to round up the eye-witnesses which wont be hard because ive talked to them all so far and everyone one of them will testify for me. So im thinking im in good shape as of right now but things always change so we will see. I will keep everyone updated on whats happening so thanks for all of the help

fmfracing5
04-08-2006, 10:43 PM
heres a guestimate of how much damage there is, the frame which cost around 500$ for a new one, rear plastic is some where in between $100-300, im going to leave the motor out for now because i havnt checked it yet but i know its blown, but if its just the top end 400$, axle is bent so thats another 200-300$ so thas around 1500$ in damage depending on prices and another 3000$ to top it off so im hoping everything works out

Jeannie250R
05-02-2006, 11:29 AM
not to b rude, but, dont let ANYONE ride ur R! I let my X boyfriend and his friends ride my quad and they blew it up, most likely because they didnt know how to really ride it! They proboly rode it like a 4 stroke, bcuz thats all they have are four strokes! I only let my dad ride my R!!
O ya, this happened last year so my R has bn fixed and i spent close to $300 in fixing it.:eek: