PDA

View Full Version : Help! rossier pipe install

Quadster450
04-07-2006, 06:51 PM
just got the new full system in and i have a question (can't get a hold of joe) i've got a header, mid pipe and the can and only one clamp. i clamped the pipe joint but what about the mid pipe? the mid pipe slides into the header and it looks like it's a snug fit... help! i want to ride this weekend!!

cals400ex
04-07-2006, 06:55 PM
you only use one clamp. use it where the mid pipe meets the silencer. just use the sealant where it says too in the directions.

Quadster450
04-07-2006, 07:13 PM
that's the thing, i didn't get any directions. i see a copper colored paste in a little tube that was inside a box of bolts for the super trapp. is that what you're talking about?

compedge
04-07-2006, 09:41 PM
Go to the auto parts store and get red high temp permetex silicone. You should also get a new exhaust gasket at the head. If you dont use a small amount on the edge of the header.

cals400ex
04-08-2006, 12:21 PM
boy, i sold my rossier pipe and i gave the buyer the directions of course so i do not remember exactly. i remember it saying use a copper sealant between the pipes. i would use it between the header and midpipe for sure. you may not need it between the midpipe and the silencer with that clamp.

Quadster450
04-08-2006, 01:41 PM
yeah, i finally got a hold of rossier. they didn't give me all the instructions. yes, the copper colored stuff goes in the joint between the midpipe and header. thanks for the help

E.POWERSPORTS
04-14-2006, 04:49 PM
Has anyone cut the screen out of their air cleaner body that holds their air filter as Rossier suggest?

cals400ex
04-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by E.POWERSPORTS
Has anyone cut the screen out of their air cleaner body that holds their air filter as Rossier suggest?

quite a few people do that. i went ahead and bought a curtis sparks air filter and their billet ring. their billet ring provides a solid mount for the filter. you do NOT run the cage with this adaptor. either way will get the job done.